Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

another one bites the dust

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
headed out this afternoon with fresh batteries, memory card, and 40 lbs of corn. the plan was to check my primos cam that has been on my "poor mans food plot" for about 3 weeks. put down some corn and leave it sit for a while...

...gone.

had to be during muzzy season. funny thing is, nobody is supposed to be allowed to gun hunt this property.
guess its a good thing the spy point order fell through, otherwise i would have lost a new BF 7 rather than a 2 year old primos.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I have never had a problem with things getting messed with in this spot. i've left climbers on trees for a week at a time, redcloud and i have had as many as 4 cams in these woods at once. gotten pics of other people a time or two, but never felt i needed a lock because nobody ever screwed with things.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
First thing in 3 years on that property that has grown legs and walked off. Pissed me off and it wasn't even mine. Had people sit stands and walk all over the property but NEVER took anything until NOW.

Still think we need to take my old wildview and strap it to a tree and place one of my SP cams high in a tree with the climber to keep an eye on it. Fuggers!!!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Hate a thief. Gotta put locks on everything though. Even if it was on my own property I'd have a lock on it. Ya just can't trust anybody out there.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Feel your pain! I had 4 stolen this year, all bushnell trophy cams. I even had some in lock boxes with cables locks..... if they want it, they will get it!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hate a thief. Gotta put locks on everything though. Even if it was on my own property I'd have a lock on it. Ya just can't trust anybody out there.

Yes. I know it sucks to have a cam stolen, but you are just asking people to take your shit if you don't lock it up. Every one of my cameras has a Python lock and I lock up all my stands, even on my parents place where I know I wouldn't need to worry about it. A lock won't stop someone if they really want it, but at least they have to work for it...

Schu72

Streetsboro
I run a camera right behind my house in the winter, probably no further than 25 yards from the patio door and it even gets a cable lock. I don't trust anyone....