Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

This was cool

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I went sporting clays shooting today. The club just got a target popper. You shoot the silhouette it falls causing 2 clay pigeons to be tossed 30 feet in the air.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I should clarify. This isn't part of the clays course, they are going to start 3 gun competition and the guy that will run it was shooting with us. He just got the popper and wanted to try it out.

Ricer2231

Where are ya shooting at? How many stands do they have?We have a range here where I am that has sporting clays too. I haven't shot sporting clays for years but I do remember it was a lot of fun. If I remember right the place here has 30 or 35 stands.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
We were at Lawrence co.(pa) sportsmans club. I think we shot 16 stations for the 100 targets. It a fully automated course. They also have skeet, 5 stand and trap.

Ricer if you are in Muskingum co Upland Valley sporting clays just opened near Attwood lake, that probably isn't a bad drive for you.

Ricer2231

We have Briar Rabbit right here in Muskingum county. But like I said before I haven't shot there for a few years, with the exception of shooting my bow there. They have an indoor range with bag targets and you can shoot up to 30 yards. I haven't heard of Upland Valley, I will have to check it out.