Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muck boots

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I have hunted in my Muck insulated boots. I got the Chore 15 in. boots as that was the only model in my size.
I must say I am impressed with them so far. Even with poor circulation they do a good job of keeping my feet warm. I did have a problem when it was in the teens one day but I believe my socks were too tight and cutting the circulation off too much.
I can walk through my creek and snow with no fear of getting wet or cold feet.
ON really cold mornings I use a small 1500 BTU propane heater for a few minutes each hour because of my poor circulation and one day I left it on too long and my feet sweated and that caused a chill until it warmed up to about 40 degrees and then it was OK.
The Muck boot is the best hunting boot I have had in 40 yrs and will buy another pair if need be.
Frank

Huckleberry Finn

Buy another pair now if you like 'em...I've done that with 1 pair of boots before in my life (Wolvarines) and it was the best decision I have made...yup, they stopped making me a year later but I still had the next pair in the box. I wish I was smart enough to do that for a lot more things!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad you like them Frank. If you like them, you would probably really like the Wetlands or Woody Elites. By the way, I looked for you at the Lima gun show last weekend. Couldn't find you.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Glad you like them Frank. If you like them, you would probably really like the Wetlands or Woody Elites. By the way, I looked for you at the Lima gun show last weekend. Couldn't find you.

Gee Phil just ask around. I have the largest display there witrh 12 tables. I setup directly across from the gunshow President. Now you can't miss him. Or right across the isle from that damn popcorn machine. I can't see popcorn and salt at a gunshow where you have valueable metal guns for sale.
Frank

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I love the muck boots also, my biggest complaint with them are the neoprene uppers....they get punctures in them easily when walking through the brush. 2 of my pairs have finger sized holes ripped through the uppers about 3" above the ankle line.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Gee Phil just ask around. I have the largest display there witrh 12 tables. I setup directly across from the gunshow President. Now you can't miss him. Or right across the isle from that damn popcorn machine. I can't see popcorn and salt at a gunshow where you have valueable metal guns for sale.
Frank

Hmmm. . . . I may have talked to you and not even realized it then. lol

I stood there and talked to Steve (against wall next to popcorn) for at least 10-15min. Craziness. I even called Bowhunter57 to try to figure out where you were setup. I misunderstood what he was describing I guess. Ooops. I will catch up with you one of these shows.