Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Marine vs Pier Morgan

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...ers-morgan-americans-arent-trigger-happy-medi

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Did anyone catch Pier's comment at the beginning "100rds a minute". He is debating for more gun control and he is completely ignorant about them. Not saying it cannot be done, but to actually fire 100rds a minute out of a semiautomatic weapon is not a realistic depiction. Can it be done? Sure. Can it be done effectively? No. Could anyone do it? I don't think so. Not sure I could do it myself and I am pretty familiar with the AR weaponry. I was trained to use them for the military when I was 17yrs old! My parents signed a waiver so I could enlist prior to 18. So essentially, with 20yrs experience with this weapon, I am not certain I could propel 100rds/minute. Even if I could, I don't see it happening for much longer than a minute. This guy is simply throwing fuzzy numbers out there as a form of muck raking. He is so unrealistic. Maybe he should check the increases in violent crimes following the banning of guns in other countries. Maybe he should check the increase in home invasions. Maybe he should just go back to Britain. What a puke!

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Don't expect PM to let facts interfere with an argument.

I was debating on FB and a guy says no one need an ar15 submachine gun. I explained the differences in semiauto, machineguns and submachine guns. He got pissy that he knew what he was talking about and I was just picky about nomenclature.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Don't expect PM to let facts interfere with an argument.

I was debating on FB and a guy says no one need an ar15 submachine gun. I explained the differences in semiauto, machineguns and submachine guns. He got pissy that he knew what he was talking about and I was just picky about nomenclature.

Sounds to me like he got defensive when you were trying to educate the ignorant. This is the problem. Facts and figures can be skewed either direction. Unfortunately, the media is not reporting both sides of this one.