Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My First Dozen Crested Arrows.

I built my first half dozen of cedar arrows and crested them. I did a four vane offset fletch on these. I wish I would have thought to do a step by step thread for you guys. I will next time now that I have it figured out.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mike and Left field

Milo

Tatonka guide.
very nice job. what crestor did you use? I really like making them...

I made my own. I used a motor from a fish tank pump to spin the arrows and used some seft sealed bearings to rest the arrow shaft on so it spins with little restance. Ill post pictures soon. I have used a friends spinrite crestor and I wasnt super impressed. it deffently isn't worth 200 bucks. The his spinrite used 1095 easton camo hunters for the frame. Come on I can do better than that if your going to sell something for 200 bucks don't have someone manufacture it from spare arrows that were laying around the basement.

Ricer2231

I built my first half dozen of cedar arrows and crested them. I did a four vane offset fletch on these. I wish I would have thought to do a step by step thread for you guys. I will next time now that I have it figured out.

Dang, those are nice! I would just want to lay those around in my den so people could see them.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great job, Tom! Those turned out really nice. I'd love to see some pics of your DIY crestor.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Looks great Tom!

A couple years back I tried building a crester using a sewing machine motor and an old drill chuck, but there was too much play in it for the arrow to spin true! Shame, because I like the looks of a crested arrow!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Those look awesome Tom! You are a very talented craftsman. Thanks for sharing those. This needs to be on a blog TOO, just sayin'! Great job!

Wiley E Coyote

I love hunting, shooting and building wood arrows. Been at it since 1986. Would buy 100 bare shafts for $30.00. 😂 would have 70 cents in a finished arrow in those days. No telling how many dozens I've built in the last 40 years. Sealed these Douglas fir shafts this evening. Wi
KIMG3147.JPG
ll Fletch them up in the next few days during this rainy weather coming in