Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

coyote trapping

Ive never trapped before but started thinking about it for coyotes since i seem to have alot around my area what would the basics that i need to do this? Also what are the season dates for coyotes seems i cant find anything on that? thanks all the help will be thankful

Diablo54

Outside
Ive never trapped before but started thinking about it for coyotes since i seem to have alot around my area what would the basics that i need to do this? Also what are the season dates for coyotes seems i cant find anything on that? thanks all the help will be thankful

Trapperman.com.

Read everything in the archives that has to do with coyotes. Learn what traps to use what anchoring system you want to use and a set to make, the most common and simplest are the dirt hole set and the flat set. Learn one. If you have any questions just ask us.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm gonna check that place out too!

I know nothing about trapping, but do seem to get a few with snares...they must be idiot proof!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Trapperman.com.

Read everything in the archives that has to do with coyotes. Learn what traps to use what anchoring system you want to use and a set to make, the most common and simplest are the dirt hole set and the flat set. Learn one. If you have any questions just ask us.

How about you teach them before sending them off to another site..

Thanks
Management..

lmao

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ok, here's another pic I got off my trail cams. I just checked this today & I seem to have a sweet spot for wandering yotes. I don't want to start running a line, but I do think it would be fun & rewarding to have one or two set up in this area up behind my house.

I'll just have to read up on the subject & go from there.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Ok, here's another pic I got off my trail cams. I just checked this today & I seem to have a sweet spot for wandering yotes. I don't want to start running a line, but I do think it would be fun & rewarding to have one or two set up in this area up behind my house.

I'll just have to read up on the subject & go from there.

Or just ask your Ol' Buddy Rick to come out and help show ya what to do?
He might just have all the equipment TOO!

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I don't have any fences around, but from what I've been watching on youtube, there's plenty of options I would be able to work with. Just as importantly, I'll be excited to learn from what you have to offer when you & Diane stop by.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Alrighty now, I'm making headway. I have my snares, I've made up my anchors & now I just need to darken them. I've still have a yote coming thru my favorite spot, so I've deployed another cam in video mode today to study its pattern so I'll know where to hopefully funnel them thru ....