Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer goes back to school.

Ricer2231

KINGS MILLS, Ohio - A deer has been removed from a Kings Mills school after it got trapped inside a classroom early Monday morning.
A 10-point buck jumped through a window at Kings Junior High School located at 5620 Columbia Road in King Mills at some point early Monday morning. When school officials arrived at about 7 a.m. Monday morning, they found the deer trapped in one of the classrooms.
A local game warden and the fire department tranquilized the deer and transported it out of the building at about 8:45 a.m. The deer did not cause any injuries, according to officials. The buck, however, did sustain some injuries after getting stuck in the classroom, although officials have not released information about its condition.
When students arrived at the school, administrators moved them to the cafeteria to wait for the deer to be removed. Officials locked down the wing of the school where the deer was located, but it never left the classroom. Classes resumed at about 9 a.m.
School officials say they have never had anything like this happen before at the building.
Authorities have not released any additional details at this time including details about any damage the deer caused to the building.

The sad part is the deer did have to be put down.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357646467.431357.jpg

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Why did the deer have to be put down if he was not injured, and they tranquilized him?

Why not take him back out to the woods and let him go after the sedative wore off?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That is not 15 minutes away from me and I drive by there pretty frequently. Some nice bucks seen over that way due to very limited access.
Sad the deer had to be put down.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yes, that would be a shock to see that upon entering the room in the morning, but.... did anyone see the news about a woman in Austrailia who awoke to the hissing of her cat & see something in bed with her ?? it was a 6 foot python that was already wrapped around her daughter's arm whom was sleeping with her. She wasn't sure what it was so she shone her cell phone light to see it was the snake.... I would have shit myself, & then died of a heart attack.