Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Joe know something.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

I'm stuck like a maw fugger. Lol. Alex is on the way. Tried to get her out but with no weight in the bed it keeps swinging down hill. she'll be in the creek if I don't stop. It's like the old saying about being in a hole. Know when to quit digging. plenty of gas , munches, and the Internet.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357510841.891118.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357510883.578970.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Daamn.... sorry too hear you're stuck.... any luck prior too that? Keep us posted on the progress .....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Alex brought out his plow truck and yanked me out. It didn't take much I just didn't have any weight in the ass end. I hauled a kitchen table for the girlfriend the other day and forgot I took all my sandbags out.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I've always been pleased with the traction of my z71 with no weight in it.... been through some stuff that had me wondering wtf goes through your mind hahaha

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Whoops. Stuff happens sometimes though. I have been driving the Jeep just because I don't want to drive around WITH a plow truck, salt spreader, and salt in the back. That said, it is a matter of time before I get stuck TOO. Happened last year coyote hunting.

I know the feeling I got myself in a pickle on Christmas day. It took until dark to dig it out. Then we filled the bed with snow and rocks and I rocked the truck out. I was going up a mountain side and started sliding off the road and into the valley which is about a 500 foot drop. So I steered the truck into the ditch on the mountain side of the road. My little toyota is a bad ass off road. This is the first time ive ever had to dig it out and its been in some rough country. If that mountain wasn't in the way I could have locked the diff and pulled out.

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Glad you're out Joe. Happen's TOO a lot of us but it still sucks when it's your turn! Been storing my corn in the blazer for extra traction and it keeps the mice out...........So far.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I've always been pleased with the traction of my z71 with no weight in it.... been through some stuff that had me wondering wtf goes through your mind hahaha

I've been pleased with her too. The truck has a Eaton g-80 locker in the rear and have never got her stuck. The rocker panels under the doors were once rounded but are flat like skis now. Lol. Can't tell you the times she's been on the frame and hopped out. Or was high centered on a water break. It wasn't "stuck" persay tonight as I could get her moving backwards and forwards but she wanted to slide sideways down the hill. I would move forward and the ass would slide so I would stop and the truck would slide a foot down hill after stopping. Lol The front or rear kept going down hill and it only gets steeper until you hit the creek. Alex got her out no problem. I bet a snow mobile could have pulled her out I just needed something to keep that ass end going the right direction. Lol.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I know the feeling I got myself in a pickle on Christmas day. It took until dark to dig it out. Then we filled the bed with snow and rocks and I rocked the truck out. I was going up a mountain side and started sliding off the road and into the valley which is about a 500 foot drop. So I steered the truck into the ditch on the mountain side of the road. My little toyota is a bad ass off road. This is the first time ive ever had to dig it out and its been in some rough country. If that mountain wasn't in the way I could have locked the diff and pulled out.

And you did all that with pants full of crap. Lol. I've been up some hairy mountains in Utah with no guard rails and only Bamboo poles marking the road. The pucker factor goes way up when all you can see out the passenger window is the other side of the valley a mile away. Lol.

And you did all that with pants full of crap. Lol. I've been up some hairy mountains in Utah with no guard rails and only Bamboo poles marking the road. The pucker factor goes way up when all you can see out the passenger window is the other side of the valley a mile away. Lol.

It sure gets the blood pumping. What is even more irritating are the yuppies that go up there and wont give the right away to uphill traffic or the morons that think their Subaru is a real 4x4.