Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How to mount my euro mounts on the wall

Gordo

Athens County
Well i got the green light to put my two euro mounts in the living room of our new house.

Any nifty ideas on how to go about it?

I dont want the noses pointed down. Instead i want them set more like a regular mount.

Any bracket suggestions/etc?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I've got a couple Great ideas at the other house. Going there in a bit. Will try and post some pic's for ya. I don't like the nose down either. Takes TOO much from the deer's true size.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Here is a couple I've done. Found several different ones on Ebay last year pretty cheap. If you're any good at woodworking, I've got patterns I believe of both of these. Been wanting to get some barn siding and do a rustic one. Maybe soon!

HPIM2015.jpg HPIM2016.jpg

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I saw a commercial for a bracket that holds them. The bracket is pretty much not visible when hanging on the wall and it will swivel any way you want it to look. Google it and you should find it.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I saw a commercial for a bracket that holds them. The bracket is pretty much not visible when hanging on the wall and it will swivel any way you want it to look. Google it and you should find it.

I've seen these. They're pretty cool and have all sorts of adjustments/poses you can create.

Gordo

Athens County
I think the bracket may be the ticket. I like that 'free floating' look. Ill keep u guys posted as to what i order and how they work out

bowieoutdoors

*Supporting member*
Here is what I used for mine. It's called a Skull Hooker. Mounts in the natural holes in the back of a skull and will swivel from side to side. The one on the left is more upright because it's a Mountain Mikes reproduction skull. The one on the right is a real skull.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357511699.665264.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357511709.431036.jpg

Gordo

Athens County
Not the best pics but u get the idea. Well worth the $$$.

You can swing it from left to right, and you can adjust the angle you want the skull to set at.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358117560.404766.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358117592.012013.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358117633.128511.jpg