Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

ML Buck

BULLHEAD

Shot this one this morning following 2 does. Not the biggest but he is old or maybe not lol. He had 2 tines broken in half and only 5 bottom teeth. Shot him at 50 yards with pwr belt 295 hollow point bullets 100 gr 777 and he ran 20 yds before he piled up. Shot placement was right behind shoulder but when I gutted him, it looked like a grenade had went off inside. This late in season I'm pretty happy with this one.

deer.jpg

Last edited:

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
How old would you say he is? My own opinion, he looks rather young. My reasons are small neck, no roman nose and his body doesnt look very big. I can be wrong, but he looks like a 2-3 year old. None the less, congrats on your MZ buck.

BULLHEAD

No idea but his teeth were gone- down to the gums- bottom front only- no idea but cant figure out why teeth are missing- maybe some deer experts can explain this. I know they dont have top front teeth but the molars had been worn down to the gums. Maybe he ate a bunch of rocks- haha

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Bullhead, you gotta look WAY back in his jaw to see the back teeth. In fact, the easiest way is to cut the cheek and get the hide completely out of the way unless you wish to mount him. Fact is, he's as old as he's gonna get, and none of that really matters. Congratulations again!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Very nice buck BH! Hope you don't take it wrong. I was just uncertain of the deer's age? Antler size has less to do with a deer's age, than body mass. Definitetly a great late season buck and one TOO be proud of!