Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muzzy season updates

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Figured I'd start a thread for all updates for the 4 day muzzy season.

I plan on doing some still hunting in the morning until I need to get back for my boys' basketball game at 10:30. I'll have the in-line in the morning.

Then I'll be trading the in-line for the Hawken for the afternoon Kody is stealing the in-line.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sounds like a good plan, Cotty.
I plan to take Mason to our new groundblind set up, but don't really have high hopes of anything happening. Thing is, you just never know what will happen unless you go .... so we are going! I'd like to see one of the bucks stop by for an early morning snack.

Good luck to you all, and I will look forward to checking in for updates.

beaston

I'll be heading to one of my spots near Ashtabula in the AM. Will be hunting behind my house in the PM for a Doe with the Bow. Need to draw blood with the new Insanity!

buckstar25

T-county
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357392464.063420.jpg

3 does so far, lots of ducks on the creek

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Just finished some pancakes and am headed to a kids bball game. This afternoon I'll be out in Medina county chasin' does. Good luck everybody!

buckstar25

T-county
Man, someone just put on one helluva drive! 15 shots!!!

Just ate my whatchamacallit and am drinking my Pepsi and they are still shooting!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My adventure this morning only produced a group of 4 doe. They stood at 80 yards. Broadside... Begging me... But I decided not to. Bitch of a drag and I'm still after a big boy. It seriously crossed my mind though.

I put the cross hairs on the biggest 5 times before deciding it wasn't worth it.

Here's the hollow as I was leaving to go get my boys. I finished way down below the second lake. Started on the right and finished on the left. Got my excercise for the day!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357397988.466167.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Jesse's comment has my attention.

Good luck to all you guys still after it. I am not pushing my son. He has the opportunity to go out, but yesterday acted like he wasn't interested in a morning hunt. Guess we will see. I want to support, but don't want him to feel like I am making him do anything.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
i really hope i'm hearing duck hunters or the GW is gonna have to check to see if the plug is in their muzzeloader..:smiley_blackeye:

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Didnt see a thing this morning and only heard two shots. Hesding back out this evening.

Jesse, off the back deck or the side of the shed!