Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How many matched sets do you have?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Now that shed hunting season is at the cusp for those of us shed hunting freaks, Ron(full bore) my bro and I have been going through our inventory playing with and fondling our past found treasures. While doing so I figured I'd try and get my matched sets together. We recently been talking about the up and coming shed season and are very anxious to get out and get after it. One of our friends found a fresh 70+ side a few weeks ago in the SE part of the state and the other side is down as well, he just hasn't found it yet. Good luck to Ricky on his quest.

I don't have near the collection as Ron and certainly the "KING" of sheds JD Boyd but recently I thought I'd try and see how many matched sets I do actually have. I discovered I had 11 matched sets and was pleasantly surprised.

I know we have some very avid shed hunters on here so if you get some time go through your collection and post up some pics.

JD, you might need a wide angled lens for yours! Lmao

Here are mine:

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yeah Huck, I have them in one tote and its got some weight to it. Ron's got a lot more than me counting our singles. It will take awhile for him to contribute. Lol

Ron saw some of JDs collection and was speechless. I can't even fathom how much bone(sheds)lol, his weighs!!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just one. I feel inadequate in my shed hunting abilities now. lol

Take a pic and post it up Philly. One set is still a very nice feat, IMO. Ron and I each found halves of two different bucks and swapped them so we each had two sets. Haha

I think it's neat to have a complete set no matter how small. Taylor showed me a matched set of sheds he found that were the smallest I've ever seen and it was a 6 or 8 point.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Nice pics Bro. I had a visual of you and your bones on the floor, like a kid with his Christmas presents! Lmao. You had a great year last year. This will be a great Thread.

Diablo54

Outside
Take a pic and post it up Philly. One set is still a very nice feat, IMO. Ron and I each found halves of two different bucks and swapped them so we each had two sets. Haha

I think it's neat to have a complete set no matter how small. Taylor showed me a matched set of sheds he found that were the smallest I've ever seen and it was a 6 or 8 point.

I'll get some pics up after trapping today. I have found 2 matches. My brother or dad found one of the sides though. We were all she'd hunting together. My dad prolly has 5-6 matches

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I've only ever found one matched set, and that was last year with the help of the wife. I found the left and she found the right about 300y away.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

I only have one matched set.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357414142.779903.jpg

I didn't find them but I bet you can guess who did. Lol.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've only ever found one matched set, and that was last year with the help of the wife. I found the left and she found the right about 300y away.

Thats a very nice clean set Greg. Bet they'd sound great for rattling. Any cam pics or history with him?