Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Crying!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
IMG_0057.jpgWGI_0250.jpgWGI_0030.jpg

3 times this year I have had shooters in light, and I have not been able to hunt! I rarely hunt this stand, cause I dont like hunting over a feeder, but maybe I need to start!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The evils of trail cameras. Then again, if you had been living in the stand waiting on them to show in the daylight would they have still shown up? Hang in their AT. There is still time!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
The evils of trail cameras. Then again, if you had been living in the stand waiting on them to show in the daylight would they have still shown up? Hang in their AT. There is still time!

thanks man! I have hunted over 300 hours this year most ever! No luck, but I have also passed on many nice bucks, but cause Im waiting for one of these!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
thanks man! I have hunted over 300 hours this year most ever! No luck, but I have also passed on many nice bucks, but cause Im waiting for one of these!

I commend your stick-to-it-tive-ness. I have been there and come up empty handed and I have been out third day of the season and tagged a dandy. I suppose if this were easy we all would have quit and taken up something more challenging. Killing a big buck is a true test of our mental toughness, stubbornness, and sometimes our endurance. When you finally wrap your hands around some antlers, that is going to feel exceptionally rewarding for you AT!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Success will be that much sweeter Albert! Stick with it and good luck! 300 hours!!! Wow, you've been hitting it real hard this season! This weekend could be special!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Success will be that much sweeter Albert! Stick with it and good luck! 300 hours!!! Wow, you've been hitting it real hard this season! This weekend could be special!

Thanks guy! I hunted everyweekend, morning and night up until gun season. I lost count after 250 hours to be perfectly honest!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have been around 150hrs a couple seasons. This was essentially hunting every moment available outside of work and family. Sometimes, family was pushed aside to hunt. Not again. Life is TOO short. I won't do that to my family again. I was the same way when racing. I don't think you have a wife and kids (if I remember right) so this could help. I still don't see how you can get 250-300hrs in though unless you don't have many obligations. Good for you. I just cannot afford to do this.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I have been around 150hrs a couple seasons. This was essentially hunting every moment available outside of work and family. Sometimes, family was pushed aside to hunt. Not again. Life is TOO short. I won't do that to my family again. I was the same way when racing. I don't think you have a wife and kids (if I remember right) so this could help. I still don't see how you can get 250-300hrs in though unless you don't have many obligations. Good for you. I just cannot afford to do this.

I was graduating college last semester I only had two classes left to take. I basically hunted Thursday through Sunday every weekend. Plus a few times during a week here or there. Hours add up quick in those early season 5 hour hunts, and then the RUT really packs them on.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
It'll happen, just stick with it bud. Find out where they're bedding and sit in a transition between the feeder and their bed, thats how I just killed! Best of luck

at1010

*Supporting Member*
It'll happen, just stick with it bud. Find out where they're bedding and sit in a transition between the feeder and their bed, thats how I just killed! Best of luck

thanks, Ive been trying everything. Hey if it dont happen for me they will be bigger next season right?? hahaha Im headng back out in a bit, saw a coyote this morning that was it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hell with only 103 days of season so far, you are averaging 3 hours a day! I thought the year I hunted 250 hours was a lot, but apparently it is possible to spend far more than that chasing deer!!!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Hell with only 103 days of season so far, you are averaging 3 hours a day! I thought the year I hunted 250 hours was a lot, but apparently it is possible to spend far more than that chasing deer!!!

yea well guys, I just put in another 7 hours today alone, plus an additional 4 last night. I saw deer but just hasnt happened for me yet.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
U hunting the same property or do u have different properties u rotate through?

these are all the same, I think this year I rotated properties more and this is why I have had less action from the caliber of bucks I am looking for. Normally I hunt two places, this year I tried bouncing around,and felt more stressed then anything.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Thanks for support all. I am going to be hunting a few good doe spots this weekend and then ill head back to my place in two weeks for one more try! Ill keep you all posted.