Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

South will rise again?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I have always heard guys say this as a joke.

Recently I have noticed a extreme trend in reality television. It seems like southern accents, country living, etc is "Hip"

Anyone else notice this?

maybe not the way southerns pictured the south rising again, but its happening. :pickle:

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I also wanted to say this thread was written after watching MTV's "buckwild"

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I am convinced that you can take any person in this land be it a stuffy CEO, or a emo city kid. Take em out for a bonfire, beers, shooting guns, with tailgate chairs and they'd have an absolute blast. They just don't know what they're missing. Seen it may times. Take them stuffy fugger out in the country and show em how it's done and they're in hog heaven. Next thing you know they're trading in the lexus for a truck, wearing work boots to the office, buying a new gun, and trying to kill a deer.

As for the south rising again. It's happening buddy. But this time there will be way more than 13 and they're all over the US from Montana to Florida. the federal government is pulling the same shit that caused the war for southern independence the first time.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I am convinced that you can take any person in this land be it a stuffy CEO, or a emo city kid. Take em out for a bonfire, beers, shooting guns, with tailgate chairs and they'd have an absolute blast. They just don't know what they're missing. Seen it may times. Take them stuffy fugger out in the country and show em how it's done and they're in hog heaven. Next thing you know they're trading in the lexus for a truck, wearing work boots to the office, buying a new gun, and trying to kill a deer.

As for the south rising again. It's happening buddy. But this time there will be way more than 13 and they're all over the US from Montana to Florida. the federal government is pulling the same shit that caused the war for southern independence the first time.

I knew youd post! Good ones too!

I agree, I just honestly dont know if I like the idea of every "country boy" is a redneck/hillbilly/whatever.

I grew up partying by bonfires, hunting, etc, just like all you guys. I think that we are some of the best most trustworthys guys out there. Not to mention smart! Just cause you like to hunt, fish, wear boots, doesnt mean your a dummie, I think that a majority of the country doesnt get that when they see these shows!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm country to core and proud to be a redneck! You simply won't find better people than country folk and I've lived in the city long enough to know that's the truth. Joe was spot on in his post as I've seen it first hand more than a few times. Greg can attest to one particular friend of ours who loves it here, despite being a Mexican from California. Once he started shooting bows and guns with us, hunting, and partying country style, he was hooked. Some of the best nights of my life would be impossible to duplicate in the 'burbs. Hell the night on my wedding after the reception, we went trailing down in the holler with Jeeps and trucks where we listened to tunes, drank beer, and raised hell until the wee hours of the morning. It was more fun than ought to be allowed by law!!! Or ask Adam (5Cent) about going on a 'Zuki ride with me and my uncle!!!

Two phrase come to mind for me right now: "We're from the country and we like it that way." and "I was country before county was cool."

:smiley_clap:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
And I'll add that I've been watching Buckwild also. I've been to Sissonville several times and know where Wolfpen holler is. But forget all that, I want to know where they got the hot ass chick from Bangladesh! Holy shit son! We ain't got chicks like that where I'm from!!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Here's a couple phrases that come TOO my mind:

We can kill a buck and run a trot line a country boy can survive.

We're from the country and we like it that way.

A couple of my favorite songs are AJs "It's alright to be a Redneck", and Joe Diffes "C-O-U-N-T-R-Y and Anthony Smiths "If that ain't Country" and Rhett Akins "Kiss my Country Ass"!

Love country kick ass tunes!lol

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
You guys ever see that video, Trace Adkins, songs about Me. It is exactly what your talking about! I ain't from the south, but this country boy, LOVES being a Country Boy!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
you ever heard the song "jesus was a country boy" clay walker I think sings it, great song!