Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shoot Does, Not BUCKS! Early shed season?

themedic

OHIO
I'm getting a lot of reports of guys getting shed bucks on camera. When you hunt the remainder of the season make sure you identify your target before pulling the trigger. You shoot a nice shed buck and you just removed a potential future giant from your herd and your trophy wall! My latest blog entry called
Shoot Does, Not Bucks has a few pointers on how to keep from making the costly mistake and a neat trail camera picture series!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Very important topic! We have covered this before, not TOO long ago actually. Thanks for bringing it up again, because every year nice bucks get taken out, for that reason!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Very important topic! We have covered this before, not TOO long ago actually. Thanks for bringing it up again, because every year nice bucks get taken out, for that reason!

Yer lookin' at that shed spot and rubbin' yourself ain't ya?....lol.....:smiley_clap:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Yep, we've discussed this at length already. Perhaps if you visited more often to read and participate here instead of just dropping by every now and then to link your blog, you could have joined that conversation and many others.

Until you make yourself a regular contributor to this forum, please don't drop in just to drive traffic to your website.

themedic

OHIO
Happens every year.....buddy of mine that I don't talk to often just sent me this. Found the shed while tracking his "large doe"

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
It appears to me he better keep back tracking cause the other side must not be far from it being that the boy is holding the other side in his hands...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It appears to me he better keep back tracking cause the other side must not be far from it being that the boy is holding the other side in his hands...

Yeah that.

That's a real nice shed! Sorry to hear but if your not careful it happens. Hope he finds the other side.