Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

any simple Pheasant recipes?

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Do any of you guys have any somewhat simple pheasant recipes?

I have a couple fresh ones I wanted to make for supper tonight. Can you just bake them in the oven?

Thanks!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Simple as doing it like a turkey.... Stuff it put it in a turkey bag and bake it.... Baste it every now and then.... and you're good too go.....

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Sprinkle entire bird inside and out with seasoned salt. Add 1-1 1/2 sticks of butter in covered baking dish. Baste bird often with juices in bottom of dish. 350 degrees until done.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I just breasted the birds out, so that's all the meat I am cooking.

I have some bacon I could wrap around the breasts and bake in the oven....would that work?

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
This is simply a Chicken recipe that I've substituted Pheasant for and made it better...

Ingredients:
2 Pheasants (breasts, legs, and wings)
1/4 cup butter
1 0.7 oz package Italian salad dressing mix
1 10 3/4 oz can condensed golden mushroon, soup
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 of an 8 oz. tub cream cheese with chives and onion

Place the pheasant into a 4 quart crock pot. In a medium sauce pan melt the butter while stirring in the Italian dressing mix. Stir in the mushroom soup, wine & cream cheese until it's all blended together. Then pour over the pheasant.

Cover and cook on low heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or until done. Shred the meat then serve over pasta or rice.

Buckmaster

Portage
Breasts you can do anything with like chicken. We like pheasant tenders.

Legs on the otherhand will require some crockpot time. Too tough and too many ligaments to deal with. In a crockpot the meat and ligaments just separate from the bone.
Just throw the legs in a pot with some form of favorite liguid, add an onion, celery, and your favorite spices. Done after 4 hours. Enjoy.