Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muzzy Dates

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Greg and I were talking yesterday about muzzleloader and we both looked at the regs only to be surprised about the dates being the 5th through the 8th. We both thought it was the 10th through the 13th.

Did they misprint the dates last year or was that this season? I'm so confused! lmao

Lundy

Last year the dates published by the ODNR were different than the OAC. Action was taken just a week ahead of the season to clear everything up.

Governor John Kasich today issued an emergency rule reiterating that the statewide muzzleloader season for deer is January 7-10, as published in the 2011-12 Ohio Hunting and Trapping Regulations booklet.

The emergency rule was requested by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR), Division of Wildlife because the dates printed in the hunting regulations handbook were inconsistent with the Ohio Administrative Code.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I remember we talked about the legality of going out according too the ORC then too the DNR set date which contradicted the ORC....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
So then the dates are correct for this year? It is actually this Saturday through Tuesday? No mistakes other than me not knowing whats up? lmao

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Youu got it boss!!!! Good luck, you taking the new mom out? Do they make a camo car seat/bassinet????? :smiley_clap:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
lmao

My mom just came over to relieve me for a while. I'm headed to get corn and pull my cams at the farm. I'll be able to hunt once or twice for real, but I'm also going to cheat and put corn out in the woods behind the house. It's not hunting, but I need meat and there are still a bunch of does to spare around the house. With some luck, I'll shoot one and get to do a hero shot with my little girl!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
lmao

My mom just came over to relieve me for a while. I'm headed to get corn and pull my cams at the farm. I'll be able to hunt once or twice for real, but I'm also going to cheat and put corn out in the woods behind the house. It's not hunting, but I need meat and there are still a bunch of does to spare around the house. With some luck, I'll shoot one and get to do a hero shot with my little girl!

Haha, Jesse pointing his muzzy out a crack in the back door. Turns to Tracey and says, "Cover Kadence's ears or take her in the back room, I've got some fresh backstraps at the corn pile!"

Nothing wrong with that buddy! Hope you get some more freezer meat buddy! Good luck

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
HAHA. It could happen and who's to say it would be the first time a deer has been shot from the comfort of home?!? lmao

We probably have enough meat for the next year, but I really want two deboned front quarters and the bone in rears for special occasions. If I can get that done, we'll be in great shape!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Haha, Jesse pointing his muzzy out a crack in the back door. Turns to Tracey and says, Cover Kadence's ears or take her in the back room," I've got some fresh backstraps at the corn pile!"

Nothing wrong with that buddy! Hope you get some more freezer meat buddy! Good luck

HaaaHaaa. My daughters grew up hearing gunshots from the woods to the back yard.
So glad they were raised around them now. No mystery to it. Just a tool.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just take the window screens off the window that way all you just have to do is raise the window slightly with no noice. You will also have a nice shooting rest on the window sill.
I have done it couple times after recovering from 2 open heart surgeries. Seems I have always had my surgeries right before deer season.
The local GW says it's legal to shoot safely from a residence. But it's not legal to shoot within I believe 200 ft of a occuppied residence. Never did ask him if shooting within 200 ft of my own residence was OK.
Frank