Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dog Training

Titanfreak9

St. Marys
Hello everyone, new to the forum, but thought I'd ask for some help. After deploying overseas in 2011-2012 and having to give my hunting beagle away, I recently purchased a new beagle pup. I've been taking her hunting and shooting some bunnies for her to smell and play fetch with, but what I really need is an older beagle that can circle a rabbit with a young pup and not get distracted. Thought I'd ask if any one around the Lima area, I live in St. Mary's, would be interested in going bunny busting together to give my younger pup some experience. If your interested in a hunting companion pm me so we can trade information and set up a good time. Thank you. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357096829.996668.jpg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Welcome to site, and as Cotty said, that is a great looking pup! I'm a solid 2+ hours away from you or I'd be happy to set something up. Best of luck this season!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Welcome Titan! You've found the Best Group of guys on the internet. Make yourself at home and you will see just how good it is.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
If you find someone make sure the dog is slower as it'll run circles around yours and it might lose interest as well if it can't keep up... Just keep taking it out and make sure you spend a good amount of time in the yard with it getting it too obey the basic commands..... Welcome too the sight too bad your across the state or I'd be out with you..... Lot's of fun and it's the best therapy for coming home from a deployment... I spent trhee months rabbit hunting after my first deployment..... :smiley_coolpeace:

Titanfreak9

St. Marys
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. She's still Kinda young and slow in the deep snow so it might be another month or so before I'm ready for her to team up with another dog but was hoping to get a contact set up sooner rather then later. I guess if no one is in my area with dogs then I'd be willing to do a couple hour drive to set something up with someone further away.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome to the site! Very nice looking pup. I don't have a dog but I'm sure someone on here might eventually hookup with ya. Some great guys on here.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks for you service Titanfreak9.

20min away. Have beagle. She just isn't a hunter. Too bad too because that would have been a perfect fit. Our beagle probably would hunt, but she is a pet. Just not going to do it.