Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

You absolutey can NOT when in dought back out in Delaware county!

MandRroofing

In the woods
Shot this deer a lil back tonight and gave it 2 hours and this is what the yoties leave for me!been a rough season.I saw on the news the other month that Delaware county has the most yots in all of Ohio...I have already killed 3 with my bow this year.anyone know of a good deal on a varmit gun?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357013275663.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357013275663.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 84
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357013292869.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357013292869.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 103
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357013300864.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357013300864.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Unbelievable. I mean, I believe you, but it is just crazy to see how quickly they can tear one to nothing. Sorry to hear it man.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Wow that's just nutz, gotta be disappointing.

I've been saying for a while that hunters in Ohio should declare war on yotes, with the odnr leading the way with a media campaign.
That deer could be a poster child.

Not wanting to sound like a smart-alec, but I'm sorry for your loss. that just sux.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
It happens sometimes...still better backing out than running em out of their bed.

I'd agree most of the time Carpn, but not around Delaware Co., and especially during the late part of the season.

I've seen them do the exact same thing MandR has pictured above, had it happen tracking a buddy's deer 2 seasons ago. He & I both shot deer. Mine went down within sight so we were gutting it first, then going to track his. The yotes came to my deer first, as we were gutting it you could hear them approaching us from down wind, and we could shine our lights into the woods and see their eyes. They moved on from my kill, and tracked his down. Pretty much destroying the deer. It was a hell of a scene. We're planning on thinning them out around here the best we can, but the yotes are a serious issue around here.

We were hearing quite a few sounding off last night while goose hunting. It's become common to at least hear them, and even see them when field hunting for geese the past few seasons.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Wow, that sucks and I can't even begin to say how much.

I live in Delaware county and will help anyone out with some coyote hunting if they want an extra set of hands.

I can see Delaware cty having a huge population of coyotes, its the perfect mixture of lots of farmland and tracts of woods along with a lot of larger subdivision with some woods and enough cover to allow them to also hunt the neighborhood pets. I haven't heard them yet from my house but I live just urban enough I'd be surprised if I did.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wow! If they get on a wounded deer that quick you have very high yote numbers. Kill as many as you can man! Sorry to hear this.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county

not only are there a lot of them but they are big too. This was at delaware wildlife area a couple weeks ago. There were 5 sets of tracks in the mud, three of which were this size.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I haven't heard them yet from my house but I live just urban enough I'd be surprised if I did.

We live right by 71 & Polaris and hear them quite a bit during the winter months. Last year we had one working through the back yard as we were getting ready for the day. It crossed between the neighbors house, went across the street, and sat down in a guy's backyard. He had two tiny dogs that would've been breakfast if they were out.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
We live right by 71 & Polaris and hear them quite a bit during the winter months. Last year we had one working through the back yard as we were getting ready for the day. It crossed between the neighbors house, went across the street, and sat down in a guy's backyard. He had two tiny dogs that would've been breakfast if they were out.

Sr3 & sr 36/37 ish here