Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rossi macthed sets/pairs

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Anybody have any experience with these sets? I'm looking at this one. I sold it to the wife because it's a single shot. The kids could learn with this combination of barrels. Dad could use it too.:smiley_coolpeace:

lung buster

hocking county
I bought the. 410/.22 set for my son. The .410 kicks like a mule even with a recoil pad and using 2.5" AA loads. The barrel is to thin to drill and tap for a scope mount. He did use the .22 to kill his 1st squirrel with. I do like the hammer plus safety feature. Overall i don't regret the purchase but the .410 is and will always be useless for my kids needs. Good luck!

Diablo54

Outside
I was given the 20g muzzy when I was 10 years old maybe 11 idk. It's been a nice gun. Hardly use the 20g barrel but the muzzy shoots really well. Only complaint is the ramrod which extends. Mine broke 2x.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I bought the. 410/.22 set for my son. The .410 kicks like a mule even with a recoil pad and using 2.5" AA loads. The barrel is to thin to drill and tap for a scope mount. He did use the .22 to kill his 1st squirrel with. I do like the hammer plus safety feature. Overall i don't regret the purchase but the .410 is and will always be useless for my kids needs. Good luck!

Really, the .410 has a lot of recoil? Damn. I did read reviews with complaints about the recoil on the 20 ga. Is the butt stock hollow?

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Mike,

I bought the 20ga/.22lr matched pair for my stepson a couple of years ago...I took the first shot with it right out of the box and even with a dove load in it, it kicked harder than my 12gauge with 3" BB.....The butt plate is exactly that...just a little plastic, curved plate screwed into the end of the stock...to be honest it kind of hurt like SOB....I bought a slip on recoil pad for it and my 11yr old is able to shoot at least 6 Rem. High Velocity slugs out of it at one sitting. He used it for deer hunting this year also, had a shot at a doe @ 10 yds but missed....He practiced shooting standing up, while hunting he was sitting and using a rest (my fault on the set-up)...the barrel only has the bead at the muzzle...I since taped a plastic, hollow cylinder (plastic spacer for a tv mount) to the rear of the barrel to help line up a little better...I shot it after that and it is dead on at 20yds now.

He will use it again for turkeys this spring.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Glad you guys are putting this up about the s-gun barrels, had been thinking this was the answer for my daughter!! Ugh!

I felt bad for my stepson...after I thought about what happened that morning....I thought, "why do I have front and rear sight on my gun and have an 11yr old kid shoot a smooth bore with only a front bead....I felt terrible....all to save some money on a new gun I guess....then somebody told me about rigging up the rear sight like that.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I went a checked them out today. The .410/22 is a TINY gun. I was hoping that I could get some use out of it too. I think I'm gonna pass...
Thank you for all of the feedback.

Derek j

Knox Co.
I have the 20/.22 combo also, and will second it kicking like a mule on meth. It does kick harder than a 12 with magnum loads. .22 is nice though

ohio
Bought my son the 20/22 five years ago, he shot his first deer with it, and its been put up ever since, good gun for the money, shoots good