Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Beener.....Calling Beener!

Derek j

Knox Co.
Hey Been.....any chance you will be passing alum creek today or tomorrow? Possibly up towards Howard road bridge? Need to see if the lake is still open on the north end. Being 45 minutes away really sucks. If anyone is around that area, give me a holla!!!

Derek j

Knox Co.
Nope. We went there a couple weeks ago for the first time and hunted the north end, near blind 18. We had the lake all to ourselves. We scouted all the way to Cheshire road bridge, and found some good spots. I know the area really well since I was on Berlin fire dept for 5 years. Always wanted to hunt it, but never made the trip. It will probably be my go to lake from now on, if it keeps birds on it. Everything around Knox county gets the crap shot out of it, so seeing more than a handful of ducks is a rarity for us.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Good luck out there in the morning. Alum seems to be like most places. It gets crowded on the weekends but if you can hunt during the week you can have the place to yourself. Sometimes it holds a decent amount of birds, other times its deserted. Hope you time it right and get a good hunt!!

Derek j

Knox Co.
We had a slight change of plans. We are staying local and hunting the river. We had a large group of geese and quite a few ducks sitting on a gravel pit we have permission on today.....hoping they stick around and will be flying tomorrow. I will be hitting alum on Tuesday though....one way or another!!