Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Saddest Thing I Have Ever Seen While Hunting!

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
During my Iowa hunt we drove past a big buck and I said lets turn around so I can film him. When we pulled up I started filming and quickly realized he was blind. I got out and put the camera on my tripod to get better footage and could not believe what I was filming. This buck's one eye was gone and the other was almost hanging out. My friend started calling to find out who the land owner was to get permission to put this animal out of his misery but he would not allow us on the property. This was the saddest thing I had ever seen during a hunting season and watching him walk without knowing where he was going was incredibly sad. I filmed him for almost 5 minutes, the footage will be seen on an upcoming episode of Lake Country Whitetails on The Sportsman Channel.

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
Wonder why the landowner was so unwilling TOO do the right thing? That's as sad as the deer's health! Very sad situation.

He said his son had a tag and if he didnt shoot a bigger buck in the next few days he would shoot it. I cant tell you how mad I was when we heard that. Definitely the biggest d bag I have ever heard of.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
He said his son had a tag and if he didnt shoot a bigger buck in the next few days he would shoot it. I cant tell you how mad I was when we heard that. Definitely the biggest d bag I have ever heard of.

Nature is a cruel, cruel bitch sometimes. And that landowner is a bonified douche waffle for knowingly letting an animal suffer when he could've aided in ending that suffering.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Landowner is a huge dickwad and is selfishly not thinking of the deer. Sadly, if it were not busted up and scored B&C he and his son would prolly been there in a second to claim their fish in a bucket buck.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Nature is a cruel, cruel bitch sometimes. And that landowner is a bonified douche waffle for knowingly letting an animal suffer when he could've aided in ending that suffering.

A buddy and I were gun hunting years ago and he shot a buck that stood up out of a bed..... One eye was gouged out a gore in the back ham that you could put your thumb into and his scrotum was hanging on by a thread of flesh that was remaining.... He was the worse tore up deer I have ever seen that was alive that is..... He was probably begging my buddy too put him down...... We just looked at each other and wondered how big the other guy was..... Wasn't a booner but wasn't a small buck either... Probably 3.5 year old and pushing 200 lbs. live weight.....

That land owner you talked too needed kicked in the nutsack for sure..... I'm in agreement with Dante... Put it down and deal with it later..... Legal? No but morally yes.....

Ricer2231

Ya should have taken the land owner out there so he could see what the buck looked like then poked him in the eye and said"How bad does that hurt, imagine both of your eyes feeling 10 times worse". "And by the way dickhead, you will be able to see just fine here in a little but he never will".

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Ya should have taken the land owner out there so he could see what the buck looked like then poked him in the eye and said"How bad does that hurt, imagine both of your eyes feeling 10 times worse". "And by the way dickhead, you will be able to see just fine here in a little but he never will".

rotflmao That's what I was thinking earlier: Give him the 'ol 3 stooges double-finger poke and ask him if that hurt? "And to think the deer feels worse!"........ Now can we put him down? Or would you like another double eye poker?

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
The land owner would not even answer his door when we were knocking. He wouldnt answer the phone when my friend called either. He only answered the call when my buddy had another local call him and he said to stay out. It sucked but there was nothing we could do. The local did say he would go over and talk to him to have him put down.