Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wrapped, Strapped & Packin' Heat!!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
One of my favorite aspects of hunting is that when done successfully, it results in a meal, or many meals depending on the game pursued. In the case of a whitetail deer, we have a freezer full of delicious, nutritious, organic venison to be enjoyed throughout the year. So with all of that meat I get to play around with different ways to prepare it. Tonight's dish was one so simple & delicious that I had to share. It's a little on the spicy side, so if you're not into that then don't use the Red Rooster sauce.

I marinaded 4 cuts of backstrap cut into butterfly chops in the following concoction:

1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Creole Seasoning
1 Teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 Teaspoon Sriracha Sauce

After about 4 hours in the fridge, I removed the chops, pressed them into a circular shape, and wrapped then with a slice of bacon secured with a toothpick.

Grill to medium so that you still have a nice warm red center, fix some side dishes, and enjoy.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Can't go wrong with backstraps... and you certainly can't go wrong with bacon. Combine the two and you've got something that'll make you bitch-slap your grandma! :smiley_bril: