Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Summit climber straps

BULLHEAD

I have an old Summit Python that I have had for almost 10yrs. The carry straps on it are terrible and dig into my shoulders. Wanting to change the straps and did some research and found that Molle straps are what many hunters have suggested. Looking at the system I think I have come up with a cheaper solution for this. I am an avid golfer when not hunting or coaching football. I have a couple of old golf bags around the house and those bags have a dual shoulder strap system. I was comparing those straps to the Molle straps and it is basically the same idea or set up. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it. I cut off the existing straps and added the double shoulder golf bag strap. After changing the location of the straps and getting the adjustments right I think I have found a winner. It is better than what I had before and I didnt have to order something new. I don't know if this will help anybody or this may have already been posted before but I hated lugging my stand around with the factory straps. This set up is way better than what I had. If you feel the same way about the factory straps and have old golf bags laying around you really need to try this.

BULLHEAD

stand.jpgstand 2.jpg

BULLHEAD

I have a footrest with this climber and it can convert to a gun rest. i don't use it as a gun rest. I use to carry my climber with the cables down and the footrest would not move. With this setup the climber sits better on my shoulders with the cables up. The footrest will not stay still so I had to run the strap that keeps the 2 pieces together over the footrest as well.

BULLHEAD

I compared factory straps to the bag straps and the bag straps are a heavier material. Looks like they will hold up pretty good and I hope they do so i don't have to fork out more cash for straps. I adjusted my seat and slid the pad more up towards the top of the stand. Now I have a cushion for the back of head when packing in and out. :smiley_bril:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great idea. I like it. I don't golf much but when i do I use a cart. Driving the golf cart is more fun than golfing most days. Not even sure I have ever seen a setup with dual shoulder straps. I think my el cheapo set just has one strap. Is the dual strap setup common? Can it be bought separate?

BULLHEAD

Most of the bags that are designed for golfers who like to walk are like this. They are called stand bags and are usually lightweight bags that are easier to carry. I would say that any newer model bag would come with this. I had to change the straps around to get the right position on the stand but I think it's good to go. Good thing about this is the fact I can put the straps back on my golf bag if I want to use that bag for golfing.

Ricer2231

Great idea. I like it. I don't golf much but when i do I use a cart. Driving the golf cart is more fun than golfing most days. Not even sure I have ever seen a setup with dual shoulder straps. I think my el cheapo set just has one strap. Is the dual strap setup common? Can it be bought separate?

The dual strap is about all you will see now of days. And yes you can buy the double strap set up. Something like this......
item.mobileweb.ebay.com › ... › Golf › Bags