Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Bowhunter

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Connor Bow2.jpgConnor Bow Christmas.jpg

My son decided it was time for him to get a compound so he got one for Christmas.
I am just as excited as he is about starting to shoot.
This weekend we should be able to start the practice.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Awesome stuff!!! :smiley_clap:

I got my first bow for Christmas in 1999 and went on my first bowhunt that afternoon. I missed a big doe at less than 20 steps and it lit a fire in me that seems to burn hotter with each passing season. You truly gave him a gift that will keep on giving! Well done sir!!!

Ricer2231

That's great! Let the obsession begin! This is a great site, as you probably already know. There are a lot of great people here and they are more than willing to share the knowledge they have. I look forward to reading the stories you and your son are about to write.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks for sharing! This is awesome, TOO see our youth getting involved with archery! Looking forward to reading of his progress.

Ricer2231

I miss shooting with my son. :( He is in college now and working so we don't get much time together for anything. One of my best memories is hunting together and keeping tabs on each other with our two ways. He was 12 and it was his first year in the stand by himself. I don't think I could have tied the poor little fella to the tree anymore than I did. ;) Good times. Talk amongst yourselves I'm getting a little misty here.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
We had the opportunity to shoot for the first time on Sunday.
Overall it went really well. All arrows hit the target. He shot close to 30 times before his arms started getting tired.
It was a great time and he loved it.
Connor BowShoot.jpgConnor Follow Thru.jpg

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Looks good...let that deaw length out another inch and he wont get so tired.