Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Is Walmart getting out of the gun sales business?

My brother was at a local Walmart and noticed that ALL of their firearms were reduced for clearance. He said that he'd never seen that before...and thought it a bit suspicious, with recent events. :smiley_chinrub: I may have to do some asking around, to some of the employees that I know, to see what's going on with this activity.

Has anyone else noticed the Walmart in your area marking ALL their guns down?
Have you talked to anyone that works there to know if this is a corporate decision or a local one?

Thank you, Bowhunter57

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
They periodically re-evaluate what stores are profitable for gun sales/extended hunting section. The one buy me will not sell firearms but the one down the road sells a shtt ton of firearms a day.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
They got rid of them in most of their store years ago and two years ago just started bringing them back. I can't imagine after going through all that trouble to rebuild the cases they would be bailing again so quickly.

jeremy44230

Medina County
The Wally world near me stopped selling guns a few years ago. They still sell muzzleloaders.

Some time ago I picked up a 30-06 on clearance at a Walmart. That's the only way I would buy a gun there anyways.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I can't image they will around here as they sell a shit ton of guns. I was at two different ones yesterday and both still had some guns and didn't see clearance tags...

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I was at a Maryland Walmart last week and was told they weren't selling ammo anymore. The Walmart here is my neck of PA is still selling them.

On another note, Dicks took all their assault weapons off the shelf. I think if you have ever wanted one you might want to get it now.