Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Milestones

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It's been almost 33 years since I first enlisted in the U.S. Air Force; I did it initially without my parent’s knowledge back in 1980 at 20 years old..... I can't remember why I didn't tell them but probably had something too do with my independence and spreading my wings as my way of showing them I'm an adult and can make my own decisions..... Now almost 33 years later I re-enlisted for my last time and chose too do it on my Mother’s birthday, she passed away almost 15 years ago and although my parents had no knowledge of the first I'm hoping she looked down on me today while I gave my last oath of allegiance to my country and my flag with some pride that her son had served her country well.....

It’s been a hell of a ride and I wouldn’t have changed much of anything in the last 3+ decades…. I’m proud too say that my son has followed in my footsteps I’m not sure that it will be the length of my career but he’s doing well so far and he’ll be home the 29th and it’ll be good too see him…. The milestones are coming with more frequency these days and I look forward too my last day as I can pass the torch too my fellow Airmen and it’ll be their turn too make us proud…..

Time fly’s by my friends and you'll be here before you know it, plan for and make the best of it…..

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Your a good man J to sign up for 4 more years of this.

Thanks for your service buddy!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Hey J, thanks for all your years of service. I would also like TOO thank any other TOOZERS that have served in other branches of our military. Hats off to all of you!