Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Santa Tracker

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Here is the official NORAD Santa tracker for you folks with young ones in the house.

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/

Another cool thing I use to do was take my biggest boot and trace it out on paper or cardboard, keeping the out side of the stencil and pitching the cut-out center. Now get some carpet fresh type carpet powder, (the type you sprinkle on the carpet then vacuum it up) and heavy sprinkle the boot template from the fireplace to the tree, and back. Santa boot tracks!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
It's fun when they're that small. Hated it when another kid came along and ruined all the real fun by spilling the beans.
Some real good ideas there fellas.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
We are doing the Elf on the shelf thing for our little guy. He's 3 and this is the first year he's really getting into it. It is a blast, can't wait till tomorrow when he sees his bike :)

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Its all the rage this year.

"Once everyone goes to bed, the elf flies back to the North Pole to report back to Santa about what activities, good and bad, took place throughout the day. Before the family wakes up each night, the scout elf flies back from the North Pole and hides. By hiding in a new spot each morning around the house, the scout elf and the family play an on-going game of hide and seek. The Elf on the Shelf explains that elves get their magic by being named. In the back of each book, families have an opportunity to write their elf's name and the date that they adopted it. Once the elf is named, the scout elf receives its special Christmas magic which allows it to fly to and from the North Pole. However, the magic might go if touched, so the rule for The Elf on the Shelf states: "There's only one rule that you have to follow so I will come back and be here tomorrow: Please do not touch me. My magic might go, and Santa won't hear all I've seen or I know." Although families aren't supposed to touch their scout elf, they can talk to it and tell it all their Christmas wishes so it can report back to Santa accurately. On Christmas Day the elf will leave for the rest of the year until Thanksgiving comes."

http://elfontheshelfideas.com/

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
"Once everyone goes to bed, the elf flies back to the North Pole to report back to Santa about what activities, good and bad, took place throughout the day.

I see. A nice way of bribing the kids to be good for a few weeks! :smiley_crocodile:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I see. A nice way of bribing the kids to be good for a few weeks! :smiley_crocodile:

Some people are having fun w/ the elf. He gets moved every night.
I've seen him having a party w/ Barbie's and being mischievous ...