Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Is it time for Ohio to declare war?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I agree - kill all you can! To get the most bang for the buck, I think they need to be killed in February and March. That's when they start their dens, and are less transient. Kill them locally, and I think the fawns on your hunting ground will stand the best chance. That is my plan for annual management, but I will kill them any time I get a chance!

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I'm borrowing my dad's light from the hunting cabin. If anyone wants company let me know. An electric caller is one of the 3 items I'm thinking about dropping all my cabelas points on as soon as the one in Columbus opens. I've been saving them up and am planning on spending them all on the day it opens.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I'm borrowing my dad's light from the hunting cabin. If anyone wants company let me know. An electric caller is one of the 3 items I'm thinking about dropping all my cabelas points on as soon as the one in Columbus opens. I've been saving them up and am planning on spending them all on the day it opens.

More than welcome to check out the Foxpro I got in. I will be using it tomorrow evening.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Absolutely! For instance, the Saturday of bonus Gun Law, lol. We drove some Public land in Morgan Co. We didn't see the first deer until 1:30, but jumped 4 yotes instead! The time is NOW!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Yes it's time! I will be doing my best to put a "Collar" on as many as I can real soon! I recently started getting pic's of a black yote on a certain trail. I want his Azz Bad! But will be more happy with quantity instead of quality.
Thinking we should start a Yote Challenge for everyone to start snaring them!

Flatlander

Darby Creek
Bow kill coyote.jpgCourey 2012 coyote.jpg

A couple of coyote my son and his buddy took with their bows this year. I took one with the bow also but can't figure out how to post it from my phone. Lets see em boys! I figure we saved a few fawns with these. War time!

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
FIrst one of the year for me. Hope to add to it next month.

Attachments

• IMG-20130104-00609.jpg
    IMG-20130104-00609.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 102

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I want one! :tantrum: Naw, I'm afraid to hunt them, but am greatly looking forward to Rick snagging a few! GREAT job guys!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I was out tonight for the first time this winter. Once me light gets here, I'll be doing a good bit of yote hunting!

I would love to go sometime if you ever got room for a guy who wants to learn. I wont even carry a gun just wanna learn the basics. I have killed them but only when deer hunting.

Bigpess51

Findlay
We need snow bad! We have a large group that uses radios to chase them around, so far we have killed 3. I just started some night time calling, I can't wait to get back out when we get some more snow. These things need killed off bad!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
We need snow bad! We have a large group that uses radios to chase them around, so far we have killed 3. I just started some night time calling, I can't wait to get back out when we get some more snow. These things need killed off bad!

You ever hunt down by the Ada area? I know there is a big group that hunts them with Radios every year down this way.

Flatlander

Darby Creek
Yea, I've read where many " experts" say that coyotes will not take down any adult deer unless they are injured, I think we have seen enough videos to prove otherwise.

beaston

I agree - kill all you can! To get the most bang for the buck, I think they need to be killed in February and March. That's when they start their dens, and are less transient. Kill them locally, and I think the fawns on your hunting ground will stand the best chance. That is my plan for annual management, but I will kill them any time I get a chance!

Good point. I'm dedicating February to Yote's