Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cooperhead clothing

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I finally got my order a little late and they treated me very nice and gave me a free pair of socks for the 3 week delay.
I wore the top and bottom today repairing my electric fence on my pasture I haven't used for 6 months. FYI I had to replace 9 insulators where the deer ran into the fence in 1600 ft of fencing. I learned 15 yrs ago to turn everyother T-Post the opposite way so that way when a deer hits the fence it doesn't take out a section but only one post. Years past before I started reversing T-Post I would have 100 yrds of fence down at times.
Anyways back to the Cooperhead Clothing. I was doing light walking and repairs and I'm impressed so far with the effect of the clothing. Mind you I wasn't setting still but anyway since I only have 45% heart pumping function my legs, hands, and nose get seriously cold fast. No problem today at 27 degrees.
I plan on hunting tommorrow and will do a follow up.
P.S. I also wore my Muck Chore 16" boots today and I surely like them so far. I wasn't standing still like in stand hunting but my feet was no problem at 27 degrees. They are comfortable to walk in to.
I will give a complete report after stand hunting in them in the cold. I hadn't plan on buying the 16" Chore boots but that was the only model in my size. I'm glad I did now.
Frank

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad you like them. Scent Smoker, Copperhead Clothes, Muck boots. . . . keep this up and you are going to quit visiting TOO. Our recommendations are going to eat into your pocket. lmao

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I made out this morning and it was 23 degrees. I must say I stayed warmer for the most part wearing the Cooperhead clothing under my insulated wear.
I do wish they would make the shirt with more of a turttle neck though and the face mask couple inches longer around the neck. When I was getting ready to leave and took off my regular face mask my Cooperhead face mask was gone and no where to be found. The damn thing was around my neck. I will try and figure that one out next time.
My feet got alittle cold wearing the Muck boots with just a pair of Cooperhead socks on. Will try 2 pairs of socks next time.
Also had flocks after flocks of cranes come through. Over all there was probaly 400-500. This is the only 4th time in my life I have seen flocks of cranes in Ohio. Noisey damn things and every once and awhile a lone goose would be flying in their V. I quess the goose were just lost or confused.
Frank

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Glad you like them. Scent Smoker, Copperhead Clothes, Muck boots. . . . keep this up and you are going to quit visiting TOO. Our recommendations are going to eat into your pocket. lmao

Phil I am just enjoying life. It's good to get expert advice on a new product and buy correctly the 1st time.
OH you forgot to list the SpyPoint Tiny2 camera. LOL
Frank