Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pocket carry guns

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Kickin it around..dont really want a 380
Rather have a 9mm. In the running is a sig p938, kahr cm9 and taurus slim..not a ruger guy fyi

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not familiar with the Sig, but I like the Kahr CM9. It is not longer or taller than an Airweight but is a bit slimmer. Lightweight, and accurate as well.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Kickin it around..dont really want a 380
Rather have a 9mm. In the running is a sig p938, kahr cm9 and taurus slim..not a ruger guy fyi

You have some different types of actions and manual of arms there. The P938 is a 1911 style SAO with safety, cm9 is DAO and I dunno about the taurus slim.

What is your main carry weapon? The reason I ask is if you want a pocket gun it should have the same manual of arms as your primary carry pistol or your home defense pistol.

Check out page 2 of this document
http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf

I don't care for any handgun that I can't get all of my fingers around the grip. If my pinky finger is dropping off, I don't feel good enough firearm control of the weapon. My smallest CCW is a Smith & Wesson M&P 9c. I'd like to own a snubby, but it would have to have a decent sized grip.

CC weapons are very personal choices, as are the holsters and the way they're carried. :smiley_bril:

Bowhunter57