Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Read my last of Rick Reilly

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Reilly Anti-Gun BS

I read the article linked above, then send the following email...

I've read my last of your writings as of this morning. I have always enjoyed your work both in print and in video. However today you used your platform with ESPN to spew leftist, anti-gun chatter in an arena not designed for such debate. You are entitled to your opinion and I realize that your opinions are your bread and butter, but this is not the place for such rhetoric. You conveniently found the most anti-gun, pro-gun people you could find to provide quotes for this article. As a long time gun owner and advocate, it makes me sick to see fellow gun owners cower from their 2nd Amendment rights. If your next book tanks, will you blame the computer you wrote it on?

Sad Reilly. Just sad...

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Wow, I am now dumber for reading that....wow really mr. reilly...you blame law abiding citizens instead of the monster and coward that shot innocent children and then himself. I won't even give him the time of day. Where is my "MORON" stamp!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
What an absolute idiot...

His last sentences... "I know you love hunting and target shooting. But don't you see? The hunted -- the targets -- have become us."

My initial thought and reaction to that... if that's the case then, Rick, I want to arm myself to be on level footing with the psychopath trying to hunt us down then. I will not be at a disadvantage because you clearly believe differently than I do. If you, yourself, do not feel the want or need to have firearms available within your home then that is your right. More power to you. Stay the fugg away from my rights.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What a tool! Great response Jesse! Fugg him! All he's advocating is reducing our ability to protect ourselves! He's entitled to his opinion but not on that platform! He and Bob Costas need reprimanded, IMO!

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
Why don't these people get it? The 2nd amendment isn't about hunting or target shooting. It's about the people protecting themselves from a tyrannical government. I am sure everyone in Germany thought everything was just dandy when Hitler first gained power. If the government did decide to use force against the people, you can be damn sure they would have fully automatic weapons!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Am I the only one that wants to go shoot a deer with an AR-15 and show it to the world?

My buddy has shot 4 or 5 with his RRA AR15 .223 down in West Virginia and in PA this year. It's a deer-killing machine. Has a heavy bull barrel... a real tack driver. Yet since it's a "black gun" it's viewed as something evil. What a bunch of horse shit...