Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Snow- Somebody had to start the thread

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We will see. As one who makes his living off the weather, I am not sure on this one. I think it could go either way and the weather people aren't committing yet. Windy? Sure. Seems they are all agreeing on this. Snow? I don't know. My thoughts: Temps are still fairly warm. Depending on how quickly the cold temps hit our area will dictate how much or how little snow we will see. If it is 34-38 degrees at 6PM still, I say we get little snow. When the temp flips to freezing, I suspect the water moisture will turn to ice rapidly. Depending on how far along the system is will dictate our snow totals.

Personally i think we will be dropping salt at dinner time, again around midnight, in the morning, and probably midday tomorrow. I am not foreseeing a whole lot of snow plowing going on UNLESS temps dip early today.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
My boss just came in and told us that may have tog o on storm duty until Monday. I will be jobless come Christmas if they try to make me work. It wont happen. This storm duty stuff is political crap anyway, but if they say 'you cant go home" and its sunday evening.....I'm out!

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
up here anyway, seems like the first call for snow turns out to be the dud firecracker that never explodes...I hope it does though for everyone who makes a living off of it...plus i want to hunt saturday morning.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I used to love it when i was in school...but now that i'm driving over 200 miles a day..it can stay away. Except for Christmas..thats the only acception lol.

Got questions about the snow?

Here's a comparison for you...
Q: What does a man's penis and the snow have in common?
A: You never know when it's going to come or how many inches you'll get.

Personally, I could care less about the snow. The colder weather, however, is another issue. I got into ice fishing in 2010 and had a blast! All my gear has laid dormant in the attic, since. I'm hoping for some good ice fishing conditions, this year. :smiley_blink:

Bowhunter57

epe

Lancaster
Sore topic..I ended up selling it and buying a wrangler. Then I traded my wrangler for the Toyota t100 I have now.

Fyi my t100 goes great in the snow.. I try to get it stuck.. It is windy as Hell here right now and dropped about 12 degrees in an hour...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Still not sure what it is going to do. Windy seems to be the only thing the weather people are agreeing on. Weather.com said an inch tonight and maybe 1-2" tomorrow as of their forecast this morning. This evening it wasn't showing any snow. I gave up on the Weather Channel when NBC bought them. They suck now.

Accuweather and NOAA said up to an inch tonight and maybe an inch tomorrow in their morning forecast. Now they are 1-3 or 2-4". Guess we will know when it gets here.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You moving some white stuff around this morning hicks?

Yes, but not snow. Just moving some salt from the trucks to the parking lots. Weather channel is still calling for 1-2" today but I am not seeing it in the radar and the other weather websites are not calling for it. I swear NBC has ruined the credibility of The Weather Channel. They are more worried about paying Fat Albert, I mean Al Roker, and coming up with weather "reality shows".