Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WALDROP Pac Seat

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
A guy at work got one for Christmas. He brought it in and I sat in it. I must say that it's very comfortable and I want one. They are $150, but my comfort may be worth that. These are not mass produced items. You can only buy them by calling the guy who makes them at I was told he's two weeks out for delivery. 1-706-577-6495.
waldrop.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Mike, if you get one you'll have too do a review too let the rest of us know how it is... looks intriguing....

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Looks pretty nice! But for $150, it better have leg adjustments. If I was gonna spend that kind of money, I would probably end up with one of these.

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss256/1onions/chair.jpg

That and it should rotate. I have some similar to what you posted Flutey, but no backrest on them. They aren't the most comfy, but the ones you posted sure look it.

Mike, then one you posted does look nice though. Let us know how it is when you try it out.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
That and it should rotate. I have some similar to what you posted Flutey, but no backrest on them. They aren't the most comfy, but the ones you posted sure look it.

Mike, then one you posted does look nice though. Let us know how it is when you try it out.

I've had the privilege to try one of these out a while back. By far the most comfortable and adjustable tripod chair you will find. It is pretty big also!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
What I liked about the pac seat is that you can bring up the back leg assembly so you can lean against a tree on non level ground. I also liked that the seat bar on the bottom moves up and down as you move around. It's like a cradle for your bottom. Can't rotate though. I figure if I spent $250 on a climber that was comfortable, then $150 for a chair that was comfortable is OK. This doesn't mean I'm gonna buy it! We'll see if I can pick up some side work.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Man, looks awful nice but holy shit... 150 bucks?!?! All aluminum or not, that just seems way over-priced.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Good product I am sure but it doesn't have enough "value" for me to want one. I kept looking for the included "handy" device for $150 but couldn't find it. lol

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That's cheaper than some hang on tree stands.

But it's NOT a treestand. I can buy a fold-up camp chair for 8-10 bucks and be just as comfortable. Even if it's a little lighter and a little easier to carry, to me it's still hard to justify the extra $140 dollars.

Not trying to knock the chair, here. To each their own. Personally I just don't really see the need for a 150 dollar chair.