Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sourcing AR's...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Seen that some of you want to try and buy an AR. I am going to start a list of places to go.

Ratworx has Colts in stock. Price was bumped to $1,249 plus shipping - 815-734-7346

Legal Transfers/www.ar15sales.com - Pete is the guys name and he is in NH. I have dealt with him a few times and he does a good job. I don't know what if anything he has in stock but he will tell you a timeline and get it in for you.

Western Sport www.westernsport.com Phone: 817.789.1021 Have used these guys and it was a very positive experience.

Dunhams in Marion had a few left also last I knew.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This is something that I've been contemplating over the past 24 hours. Is this truly a "buy it now or never" type of scenario? I know that a lot of them are selling right now... and I've heard a lot of talk... but I'm just wondering if I really should be spending $1000 right now.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
This is something that I've been contemplating over the past 24 hours. Is this truly a "buy it now or never" type of scenario? I know that a lot of them are selling right now... and I've heard a lot of talk... but I'm just wondering if I really should be spending $1000 right now.

Word from a buddy in gun sales says that $1000 right now will probably be closer to 1500-1600 by the time a ban comes around. People are driving the demand through the roof!

The last ban was in place for 10 years. I could see a similar time frame if not more this time around. I just don't have the cash right now or I would own at least one.

Milo

Tatonka guide.

Yep im positive sara brady and diane feinstein will let you get one when later when the timing is better for you. they are compassionate, loving and understanding cunts.

Last edited:

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I'll make do with what I have for now. I did stock up on mags a few years ago. I really did want an AR10 but doubt I'd use it much. Might buy some ammo though.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I seen that Vance's website is completely down, likely due to increased traffic. Bud's Gun Shop site has been off and on the last two days, with pretty much every AR15 being sold out now.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Fuck. I really don't have the money for this right now. :/

I was just in the local gun shop here in town and the walls were almost bare. He said he's sold about 90 AR's this week alone. He also said that it's virtually impossible for any shops to order magazines right now... What they have in stock is what you have to choose from. I don't know if that's true or not, but that's what the owner said.

rooster85

Lake County
I don't mean to thread jack,but I'm currently deployed right now and want to buy a few more lowers. Is there an FFL in Cleveland area that I can have them shipped to and pick them up on my R&R? I'm due for R&R in a few months. Thanks and sorry for the thread jack, haven't figured out how to start a new thread on here. Mark

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Rooster - If you don't get a response about someone in Cleveland, I've got an FFL guy southeast of Dayton who's standup, will hold 'em for ya, and whose business ain't goin' away. And welcome to the site! But my guess is that our brothers up in the NE part of the state will come up with any number of options for you.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Not sure of the budget you all have regarding these but here is a thread on the Sigforum about how to get a daniel defense rifle.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I don't mean to thread jack,but I'm currently deployed right now and want to buy a few more lowers. Is there an FFL in Cleveland area that I can have them shipped to and pick them up on my R&R? I'm due for R&R in a few months. Thanks and sorry for the thread jack, haven't figured out how to start a new thread on here. Mark

If you are on the east side of Cleveland. Try these guys. http://www.ohioguns.us/

If that isn't convienant try Entering your zip code here. http://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/DealerNetwork.aspx