Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

List of retailers bowing to the Antis

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

In the wake of the tragedy at Sandy Hook elementary school certain retailers have decided to bow to pressure from the anti-gun left. The below retailers have either suspended all gun sales or pulled AR–15 style rifles from their shelves. By doing so they have demonstrated that they have no intentions of standing behind our Second Amendment rights. If you believe in your right to keep and bear arms I strongly recommend that you support a company who will stand behind you not only when there's money to be made, but also with the times get difficult.

I know we have some members here from the Buckeye Firearms Association so please free update this list as you learn about other retailers.

1. Dicks Sporting Goods (pulled all asemi-automatic rifles from the shelves nationally)
  2. Cheaperthandirt.com (suspended all firearms sales for a review of their policies. Reports of price gouging on AR – 15 type accessories and magazines.)
  3. Wal-mart (announced they will no longer be selling semi-automatic rifles)

Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Don't trust the GB listings. Some are complete BS with fixing. One SCAR17 went for 5,000 and the next 2,500. Doesn't make sense...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH

In the wake of the tragedy at Sandy Hook elementary school certain retailers have decided to bow to pressure from the anti-gun left. The below retailers have either suspended all gun sales or pulled AR–15 style rifles from their shelves. By doing so they have demonstrated that they have no intentions of standing behind our Second Amendment rights. If you believe in your right to keep and bear arms I strongly recommend that you support a company who will stand behind you not only when there's money to be made, but also with the times get difficult.

I know we have some members here from the Buckeye Firearms Association so please free update this list as you learn about other retailers.

1. Dicks Sporting Goods (pulled all asemi-automatic rifles from the shelves nationally)
  2. Cheaperthandirt.com (suspended all firearms sales for a review of their policies. Reports of price gouging on AR – 15 type accessories and magazines.)
  3. Wal-mart (announced they will no longer be selling semi-automatic rifles)

They only dropped the Bushmasters. They are still going to sell other brands of Modern Sporting Rifles.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Amazes me how these companies can take your money in the good times and make millions doing so just too turn and high tail it like a bunch of scared rabbits at the first sign of trouble...... Then like the snakes they are stick their heads out of the hole after the dust clears and say we're back.... Bunch of gutless wonders.....

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Won't be needing this anymore.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356212510869.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356212510869.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 62

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Amazes me how these companies can take your money in the good times and make millions doing so just too turn and high tail it like a bunch of scared rabbits at the first sign of trouble...... Then like the snakes they are stick their heads out of the hole after the dust clears and say we're back.... Bunch of gutless wonders.....

I'll tell you J, the saddest parr about it is that a lot of companies feel they need to do things like this to cover their asses. This country is so screwed up, that I could see a company like Dick's or CTD being sued for selling a gun to a legal gun owner because the gun they sold was then used in a deadly crime. While I won't be purchasing anything from these places, I don't blame them one bit for tucking their tails!

k.stone

central Ohio
Most everyone is out of stock (semi's and ammo) or hiding them out back.
Backorders out the ass on the internet and a lot "shut down" for the hoildays.
I'll be heading back to Westland mall today. It was busy as hell yesterday and prices out of sight but....

Last edited:

Ricer2231

I never thought cheaper than dirt was worth a damn anyhow, this news just makes me happier that I never gave them a dime of my money anyhow. And absolutely won't now.