Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anyone having any luck?

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Been hunting around the columbus area and its been SLOW!!! Prob saw a grand total of 30 birds on yesterdays hunt and blew it bc I got out of my blind 15 mins early. Got to the truck and turned around.... sure as chit 20 ducks were dropping into the dekes. I found a pothole today tho with about 250-300 ducks and 50 geese on it, time to find a field close by. All mallards with a few blacks, 1 gadwall, and 3 shovelers which is weird around me. Hopefully this cold front on friday gets a push of birds from Canada down!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We need the cold weather that's for sure. I have not been yet in the second split, but hope to this weekend. I found a spot that could be pretty solid if it all works out!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I drive between Columbus and Springfield for work and yesterday on my way home it just hit me, where the hell are all the geese? Glad I'm not crazy.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
The birds are few & far between right now, and the hunting has been sucktacular at best. Hopefully this cold gets us a push coming down.

Last week I traveled from Cbus to Cleveland and didn't see much along 71. Then went from Cbus to Cinci, Cinci to Louisville, and back up without seeing hardly anything. We just do not have any birds around in good numbers right now.

I'm back in Cinci now & there are 3 snow geese with some Canadas on the north side of town.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Don't worry, boys... The cold temps are coming. I have a feeling a lot of water in the north zone is going to lock up after this weekend. It won't take long for the birds to head your way. There's a butt load up around Sandusky Bay right now.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I will be hitting up my 2nd annual hunt starting this Saturday. Will only get 2-3 hunts in with the holidays and family stuff, but I will be hunting with my Dad, Brother and Dad's friends just North of the Chesapeak Bay.

Can't wait and like Jim was speaking too, I am hopeful the cold front coming through Thursday/Friday will really push the birds south.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I have a family xmas party to attend saturday so that blows that days hunt so it looks like sunday is it for me unless I take some leave. Cant bail on the party bc my 48 hr shift this year is xmas eve and xmas day so were having xmas early. Sure hope this front pushes them!