Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Something to consider.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have had a piss off with the NRA for a few years and have not renewed my dues. I felt they were wasting my dues with an unnecessary amount of junk mail and other BS. I have no doubts they spent my entire donation on junk mail that I ended up burning. I wrote a letter expressing my concern and never received a reply. This was 5 years ago I believe. Tonight, I renewed my membership with the NRA and donated to GOA for the first time. I can't bitch if I don't do my part. I swore off the political arena years ago, but it may be time to step back in the ring...

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Hey Jesse,
I'm not familiar with how but if you google getting rid of NRA spam I know I've seen it discussed on firearms messageboards before with step by step instructions.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Good for you Jesse. Sometimes they do things I don't like just like the BFA. But they shake a LARGE stick. We could use a large stick...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
They're (NRA) coming out and having a news conferance on Friday... What comes out of that will either make me join back up or tell them too pound salt.....

Huckleberry Finn

Anyone have any good boilerplate style letters to send to our congressmen and reps?

So now a letter writing campaign is suddenly a good idea?!?!?!

WTF Jesse....geesh. :smiley_crocodile:

And, oh, btw, just call and bitch...that's what I do. Feels better.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I did the same thing as Jesse a few years ago with the NRA. Didn't like some of their political endorsements, felt like they were just wasting my money, and said screw it. Let my membership lapse and haven't looked back. Now more than ever, seems like a good time to revive that membership.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I'm on the NRA's easy pay life membership payment plan. About 1/2 way there. I almost pulled the trigger yesterday and finished it but now I'm waiting for Friday to see what they say. If they agree to any ban I won't send any extra money and will strongly consider dropping my membership and joining an other organization.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I'm on the NRA's easy pay life membership payment plan. About 1/2 way there. I almost pulled the trigger yesterday and finished it but now I'm waiting for Friday to see what they say. If they agree to any ban I won't send any extra money and will strongly consider dropping my membership and joining an other organization.

Me TOO...just think only 20 more payments ;)

I was a member for two years. I initially joined because the gun shop I bought my first rifle from when I was 18 took 15% off the price if you joined the nra. A one year membership was 20 bucks so I came out ahead on my purchase. I let my membership lapse because of all the junk mail. I will probably renew if I like what they say on friday.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am in the same boat as you guys. I have been an off/on member for years. Friday will determine a lot.