Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Judges decision?

bowieoutdoors

*Supporting member*
I need some help from the judges on my buck. Took him to the taxi today and finally got him scored for the contest before I went. There are a couple things I need help with before I post the official score and pictures. There is a fork on the left G2 and a point on the right side in question for total points.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355681532.594751.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355681553.278740.jpg

I need to know whether to count the shorty point and whether to count the fork as two points or one. Could be a difference of two total points on my score. Thanks in advance for the help.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Good question. Per B&C

To be counted a point, the projection must be at least one inch long.

It's hard for me to tell on my phone how long that point is on the right side. As for the split on the G2 does not appear to be a scoreable point. If it was longer than an inch it would be measured as an abnormal point independent of the length of the G2. Hope that helps if you haven't yet other questions feel free to ask.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good question. Per B&C

To be counted a point, the projection must be at least one inch long.

It's hard for me to tell on my phone how long that point is on the right side. As for the split on the G2 does not appear to be a scoreable point. If it was longer than an inch it would be measured as an abnormal point independent of the length of the G2. Hope that helps if you haven't yet other questions feel free to ask.

Yup.

bowieoutdoors

*Supporting member*
Neither point is one inch. Just didn't know if we were using official scoring for the contest or not. Wanted to get some input before I either did or didn't count them. As soon as I get the trail cam pic on my phone I'll get it posted in the harvest thread. Thanks.