Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scary walk out today

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It's going to be a scary walk out today. I just opened the door to check the rain and the coyotes are just raising hell where I need to go to hunt. OH I know coyotes don't bother humans but I always wonder if this pack got the word.
Frank

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
You got a gun. Blast them sunzabiches.
And if you have your CCW license, carry your pistol. And blast them sunzabiches.
But yeah, yotes in the dark can be kinda creepy.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
And what Dan said, if you're using your shotgun, load up some 4 shot or larger and blast em if you see them..... Stay safe Frank.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I know that sound. Try calling them in at night. When you hear that sound within 100yds and you are calling them closer to you it is one heckuva rush. I don't know that it is fear as much as it is a respect for them. We have seen what they can do to a downed deer in a short amount of time.

No fear here. As humans, we are the supreme predators. :smiley_arrogant:

Their howls makes my blood boil and it draws me closer to kill them. :smiley_dead: I pray for the day I get confronted with any coyotes...day or night, as it is my intent to make them bleed. Coyotes are a menace and I can't get enough of putting holes in them. :smiley_devil:

Bowhunter57

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Gee i am glad I read this all after I got back in tonight. As it was there was no howling on the way in this morning.
But there was a gunshot near by and they started howling. There must be one really hungry one as it came in yesterday and today when I used a doe bleat can. But no shots.
OH I don't ever carry a unloaded gun. I have my CCW. I always figured a unladed gun was just heavy weight to carry.
When gun hunting it's a 44 mag pistol only for the last 25 yrs. Looking for #24 pistol deer but it looks like it will take another year to do that.
Frank

Last edited:

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
Myself and buddy are setting coyote traps this week, it is getting out of hand and I am confident the majority of fawns in my area are being killed by the yotes. Hopefully can put a nice dent in em.