Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

People Watching

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm a people watcher. I absolutely love watching people and guessing their story. Social dynamics have always intrigued me and its something I'd almost consider a hobby!

We are Christmas shopping tonight and there are all kinds of creatures out! My favorite social dynamic was just in line in front of us at Victoria's Secret. I'm fascinated by the "hot sister/mom, ugly/fat sister/daughter" dynamic.

Anyone else a people watcher?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I would be a people watcher at that store!

Although I see it going one of two ways:

1. "DAMN! Id like to see her in those"

2. "DAMN! Those must not be for her"

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I watch them all the time. Comes from being a DJ back in the day. I see all sorts of stuff that normally goes un-noticed. Some of it is Real Good...some is a bit scary! A trip to Wally-World is good for several laughs!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I will go to Wal-Mart on my lunch break, grab food and a bench, then just watch!

sometimes its fun to people watch with family you havent seen in awhile. I got some old REDNECKS, in my family.

We had a reunion about 2 months ago, and I watched my older uncle eat a cookie with a dip of skoal in his mouth, one of my better people watching situations.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Speaking of Wally World.... I went up today to grab a few things. I couldn't help but feel like this country is almost done. Every day it seems, there are more people with so little pride in themselves they will go out in public un-showered, looking like they just rolled out of a bed they shared with a farm animal, ratty hair, and wearing dirty sweat pants and a filthy flannel shirt over a wife-beater. If ever I feel bad about myself, I can go to Walmart for a short-term pick me up...then I get depressed that I ( of all people ), could be at the top of the food chain.

I kid you not, as I stood in line looking at the filthy freaks in the immediate area, I thought back to my childhood. I don't rememer the dirt-balls making up such a huge percentage of the population. I couldn't help but wonder if it was because we didn't have a Walmart, or if it was because I grew up in a town full of industry. Most everyone had a JOB! Maybe those people wouldn't be so nasty to look at if there were still honest ways of making a living, even for the less energetic? My little hometown has lost most of it's industry now, so it's entirely possible that I'd feel the same way if I were walking the isles of it's Walmart today.

Someone please tell me it's just this way in Walmart!

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Look, I'm a big fan of sweat pants. Farthest thing from a "fashioniesta"... so if I'm critical of a person's (in this case a store full of people) attire, how bad has it gotten?

Gordo

Athens County
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355541281.593632.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Wally world is some cheap entertainment that's for sure.... We've got some real winners up here in my neck of the woods as well..... Some of them are right out scarey..... Saw a guy last year with two prostetic legs (stainless steel) and didn't have an open patch of skin that wasn't tattoo'd...... Neck and face included.... Real freaky and gave me the chills when I saw him.....