Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Farm Tours?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I saw this on another site and forgot about it, but when I remembered I thought TOO would be a great place to bring it up.

For many of you who own your own land, I thought it would be cool to all get together and talk about what we do as far as improvements, stand placements, plots, etc.

Bring topos, Ariels, etc.

Maybe after this we could set another date and actually do a walk on each others farms.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
It might have to just be guys in Athens general area, but I am willing to drive. I think this could be a great March deal so everyone could implement plans the following spring/summer/fall.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
hahaha

I guess my idea wasnt that good of one! hahaha

Still big fan of this forum!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It is not a bad idea, but we are all pretty busy and adding one more thing to the "To-Do" list is not for everyone. I'd be interested in doing it, but I can essentially do the same from right here behind my keyboard. Finding time to do this in the field is next to impossible for some guys and I'm about to be in that same group. Solid idea though.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I aint got enough time for my shit let alone your shit...just sayin:smiley_coolpeace:

Buckmaster

Portage
My land ownership job list begins around March. The majority of the work ends upon cleaning gutters and the chimney pipe at the end of October. My playtime is Oct thru December. It's 8 months of work for 2 months of play time, coupled with 2 months of idle time during Jan and Feb. Expenses vary from monthly (gas, electric) to annually (taxes, food plots, gasoline, etc.).

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I would invite you to tour my place, but I would hate to see you drive 3-4hours for a 20min tour.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I see many of your points.

I guess I kind was thinking many of us who live closer, and other guys who live closer can work. I personally think my place is pretty set up, but I always interested in others just to get a diff outlook.

Like I said either way IDC.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
AT- I don't think it is a bad idea. Almost like paying someone $$$ to give you an assessment of your property and make some suggestions. Difference being we critique each other and offer suggestions at no charge. Just get different perspectives on what others are doing and/or what others might do if they owned your property. Like Jesse, it is a solid idea. Like Ben or the others, just no time to drive around looking at properties.