Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New duck pup

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Well after a 5 yr wait to get the right lab, I finally found him. Little late for this season but he will be plenty ready for next. Looks like I have ALOT of work and time afield ahead of me. Hes only 6 weeks old today so without further due..... Meet Sarge.
AKC name will be Sargent Taylor's Hevi-Shot

Milo

Tatonka guide.
That looks like a baby grizzly bear! Ha! Im delivering a suprise pup tonight myself!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Looks like a good sized pup for 6 weeks, I'll be looking forward too your updates with Sarge...... :smiley_coolpeace:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good deal, Rutin! Congrats on the new pup. He looks like he's gonna be a tank. I'll be getting one in about 6 more weeks so maybe we can share training frustrations. lmao

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
That looks like a baby grizzly bear! Ha! Im delivering a suprise pup tonight myself!

I hear ya brother! Hes a giant for his age, already eating hard food and loves to pull bumpers by the string. Ive trained upland dogs but this is my first water dog so theres gonna be alot of training for both of us. Got a feeling hes gonna be a big boy, so geese shouldnt be a problem.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I know nothing about training a waterfowl dog. Hank loves to retrieve the bumper from the neighbor's pond. Today my foreman had a shot at one and it sat out there and floated like a buoy. I got Hank out of his kennel, let him run a bit, then sent him in the water after it. He got within 4-6', threw his nose in the air, and turned around. Swam back in. Scared to death of that thing. lmao

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thats definately a english there,they look like a pop belly pig when there small,big block heads...good luck they are full of energy

Are English smaller in size???? If I remember right our's was english as well and she wasn't that big..... But she pointed and that was cool as hell.....

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
English are typically bigger from what I've always seen. That dog is going to be a tank... I bet he's almost 10lbs already. Mine wasn't 10lbs till prob 12 weeks. Unfortunately, you don't want a big dog for a duck dog. My dog is 65lbs and about perfect for boat size...