Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The date is set

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Well just got back from the surgeons office, I will be going in on the 14th of January for a total hip replacement. He set down and explained everything to me, showed me the "appliance" that he would be using, pretty neat set up its a ceramictized stainless steel ball and socket with some space age plastic insert where the ball rides. He also explained that a hip replacement is the most successful replacement surgery that is being done with over 90 % having no complications at all but did say that the most occuring complications was from infection or not following post operative procedures and the appliance loosening. He said that since I am so young that they will have me up walking the day after surgery and will probably only have to spend 3 to 5 days in the hospital but will be off work 8 to 12 weeks depending if my work will give me a sit down job it will be 8 weeks, if not then 12. So my question is guys and gals what are some of your recommendations to occupy my time while I am off work? There aint squat on T.V. and I aint gonna real mobile, so if anyone has some names of good books or movies Im all ears! I also asked him if I will be fully recovered by the beginning of bow season next year and he said if I wasnt then it was no ones fault but my own!

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Reloading?
There is a trilogy by Matthew Bracken that is really good in a pro firearms, modern way that I'd recommend.
What type of books do you like?

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Reloading?
There is a trilogy by Matthew Bracken that is really good in a pro firearms, modern way that I'd recommend.
What type of books do you like?

I'm open to anything that deals with hunting, firearms, the outdoors or such, my main reading is usually something to do with whitetails, whether it be hunting them, their behavior, or prepping and scouting.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Best of luck with the surgery! Hope it all works out and you come back better than ever.

As far as books go I would recommend anything by John Maxwell.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have D&DH TV on DVD. I think I bought every season except maybe last year. I would be willing to ship them to you if you want. I only ask they get returned. I could throw a couple books in there as well. I have several. John Eberhart has 3 DVDs out as well which I highly recommend.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Tad, here's hoping a successful surgery and a great rehab with you being back too normal in no time..... And as far as the down time you can up your post count here on TOO!!!!! We'll leave the light on for you..... :smiley_coolpeace: