Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

new to the state

chrisgotell

I will be moving from Fl to the toledo ohio area this summer. Been looking at two houses one in the swanton ohio and the other in Cygnet ohio and for a place to hunt I have a GSP for birds. Two beagles that run rabbits. I have a two boys 9 and 12 years old and we love to be in the woods. any help would be nice.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You found the best website for the state. Looks like you are starting off on the right foot. Best of luck. Welcome to TOO!

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Welcome to TOO, and Ohio. You have picked the best site to be a member off hands down! Jump in anytime and best of luck with the move.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Welcome to TOO!

If you want to bird hunt, there are plenty of state wildlife areas in NW Ohio that release pheasants around Thanksgiving. But aside from that, you may want to consider joining a hunting club. Upland bird hunting is definitely not one of Ohio's strong points.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Welcome to TOO!

If you want to bird hunt, there are plenty of state wildlife areas in NW Ohio that release pheasants around Thanksgiving. But aside from that, you may want to consider joining a hunting club. Upland bird hunting is definitely not one of Ohio's strong points.

Yes. And if you move to Swanton, you will want to avoid a gentleman by the name of Swantucky!!! Good luck with your move!!!

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Welcome. good luck with the move, hope it goes smoothly for ya....I'm in whitehouse (Just south of swanton) and there are some hunt clubs up this way, one of which I know has numerous pheasant hunts....If you choose swanton, do you know if you're kids will be going to swanton schools or toledo public schools?

chrisgotell

We are move do to my wife geting promoted to AVP with HCR.Manor Care. I work as a Deputy Sheriff now and as a Pastor of Paran Baptist church. I will be look for a job after we move. We going to run them beagles Saturday I get so photo and post them. thank uall for the information.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I think you found your calling. Swantucky could use the influence of a good Baptist Minister!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We are move do to my wife geting promoted to AVP with HCR.Manor Care. I work as a Deputy Sheriff now and as a Pastor of Paran Baptist church. I will be look for a job after we move. We going to run them beagles Saturday I get so photo and post them. thank uall for the information.

Sound like some good people. I am sure you will enjoy the Ohio hunting! Stick around the website and you will find a bunch more good folks with like interests.

chrisgotell

cotty16 well me and my 9 year and them beagles ran a good rabbit today but could not get a shoot off and with all the running i did not get any photo but i get some post be for tolong.

chrisgotell

Just had a great time feeding horses with my oldest son why we were feeding the dove started to fly in so had a mini dove hunt kill two with three shoots not bad. by they we are in Fl and the season dose not close until Jan 8