Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What are your bonus weekend plans.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Saturday I'll be doing some drives with some friends. Just talked to my daughter she's coming home from school on Saturday and she wants to go hunting on Sunday.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'll be working .... it was a give and take.... they gave me the first gun weekend off if I worked this coming gun weekend lol.... bring on muzzle loader lol....

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Trying to get one for the landowner and then another for me to share with family.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I will be going to graduation for my Masters degree. In laws might do some wandering around the farm. My father and brother will probaly hunt saturday.

My brother and I plan to kill the first 2 deer we see. :smiley_cowboy: The woods to the west has loggers in it, thinning out the wood lot, so we're hoping that will push them our way.

Otherwise, it's back to bowhunting for me and my brother doesn't have a bow, yet, but will for next year.

Bowhunter57

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I am going to take Mason out, though I'm not exactly sure where we will be going. We cannot hunt our spot in Fayette, so we will be in Highland or Ross. I may get out and snoop around some this week to find him a good ambush spot. We will be on the ground for sure as I don't have any stands up on any of the properties I have permission on in those counties.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Assuming my wife doesn't go in to labor between now and then, I'll be taking her out in the morning. I'll probably go to my uncle's at lunch to drive, then go for a solo walk about in the afternoon. Her company Christmas party is that night, so I doubt I'll be in any shape to hunt Sunday morning. Probably take her out Sunday night if she wants to go...

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Assuming my wife doesn't go in to labor between now and then, I'll be taking her out in the morning. I'll probably go to my uncle's at lunch to drive, then go for a solo walk about in the afternoon. Her company Christmas party is that night, so I doubt I'll be in any shape to hunt Sunday morning. Probably take her out Sunday night if she wants to go...

Remember Jesse delivering a baby in the ground blind doesn't qualify for the youth bonus for the contest.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Would love to get Garrett out but not sure if it is in the cards or not. Probably scout for trespassers if Garrett and I don't make it out. Already gave the treehouse stand to my wife's cousin and his boy. Would need to get Garrett in one of the buddy stands.

Huckleberry Finn

Sam, that was a good one.

--

I'm not sure. Sit, maybe drive. Have to see. Wish I had juggled some stands around. Who knows?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Right now I'm planning on deer hunting... either Carroll County or Sandusky County. I'll probably stand hunt for a few hours, then stillhunt for a bit. But if the weather is shitty like it has been, I may go after feathered critters intead.