Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shed hunting meetup

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
I was thinking last night of a meet up for food and a day or two of hunting sheds. Perhaps the location of the next fall TOO hunt. Everyone could do some scouting, stuff their face, maybe bring some shed dogs....if anyone is interested I think it would be fun.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hey! Great idea! Maybe we can talk JD into a shed hunt and bash! Lol. Sorry ole Buddy, I couldn't resist.

Good luck with that. Half the time JD finds them the pedicel is still warm. I swear he can hear them drop from 20 miles. Come late January you'll catch him every so often raise an eyebrow and cock his head to the side real quick. Next day hell show you a 80 inch shed.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dropped his bow back off at his house listnight. Looks like he's all decorated for Christmas.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355180159.847868.jpg

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Dropped his bow back off at his house listnight. Looks like he's all decorated for Christmas.

View attachment 11864

When she first did it I pulled in work and said wait a minute here, you don't use these...lol... I had to go out in the barn and get some different ones. I get home today and she had that one moved to the front porch and has now added another one to it. They look pretty good though...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Strouds would be the most logical as you can shed hunt and scout for next years deer hunt/get together..... :smiley_coolpeace:

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I just knew Strouds would be mentioned....lol. That's a great choice. Do you guys think we would all hunt the same area & then go on to the next or everyone for themselves ? A group effort would be more efficient & fun I'd think. We wouldn't have to be quiet & all the hootin & hollerin would be a blast.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I just knew Strouds would be mentioned....lol. That's a great choice. Do you guys think we would all hunt the same area & then go on to the next or everyone for themselves ? A group effort would be more efficient & fun I'd think. We wouldn't have to be quiet & all the hootin & hollerin would be a blast.

I would think that we could break out in groups depending on who shows, that way opinions could be give on differant locations for stand sites or areas that would be more suited than others....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The only problem I can see is Mrex said once the snow hits those deer head for the flats and abandon Strouds.