Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A little test

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm on FB and have subscribed too the TenPoint page and they posted a picture and asked if you would shoot or pass on the buck (With the posittion it's showing at that point) it would be a 35 yard shot from the ground with your bow..... Take a look and let me know your thoughts... WOuld you shoot or pass this exact shot????

Not trying too push their FB page just was reading some of the posts people put up and was curious as too your take on it.....

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10151099731537115&set=a.411463887114.192344.335047507114&type=1

dangerousoldman

I would probably pass this shot and wait for a better one and end up losing any chance to shoot at all. Seems like my modus operandi.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I posted I would of passed as well.... WHat shocked me is the amount of people who said they'd shoot..... From what I'd seen it was about 75% that would of flung an arrow at him.....

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I see enough of an opening under/behind that limb to tuck an arrow just behind the crease. At 35 yds however, I would NOT take that shot. There'd just be too much arc to confidently eliminate that branch as an obstacle, IMO. At 25 yds and closer I'll take that shot in a heartbeat, though.

loose_is_fast

McClure
im with JBrown inside 25 hes mine but 35 is too risky especially if he jumps the string a lil.No brainer with a bullet, I would shoot him all day

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I see enough of an opening under/behind that limb to tuck an arrow just behind the crease. At 35 yds however, I would NOT take that shot. There'd just be too much arc to confidently eliminate that branch as an obstacle, IMO. At 25 yds and closer I'll take that shot in a heartbeat, though.

Ditto for me TOO! With my muzzy or shotgun that's a dead deer at 135 yards. Not that I'm a great shot but my guns are dialed in pretty well.