Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fighting Depression

Sorry I have been off line in more than one way , all to much

Sad to say
This fall sucks

As the last few weeks I have been fighting a bad case of depression
It has been getting worse as the weeks pass

The last few weeks I have not hunted or done much of anything

No desire to even get out of the house

All to many nights I get little or no sleep
As it is after 3 AM and I have not been able to sleep again

I have been to a Doc about
He has tryed several different meds and things for me to do

Latest might be better
But still not myself

Felling sad and depressed all to much plainly sucks

Just had to check in

John

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
John good too see you logged back on... been wondering how you've been doing.... not cool about the depression but I'm glad too see you recognized it and are seeing the doc about it.... hows the pain levels been?

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Hey John. Sorry to hear about the blues. How are you feeling physically?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry to hear of this John. You are a strong man and I am sure you can beat this. Just know you are among friends here. Glad you were strong enough to openly discuss this. You are not alone. Many people go thru depression following major accidents or surgeries. My father volunteers much of his time to the "Mended Hearts" group for those going into or coming out of open heart surgery. Depression is one of the topics they cover. It is difficult for many to accept some of the life changes (or the necessary slowing down) when life dishes out blows such as these. Hope you are physically doing better after your accident.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
John,

Anytime you want to talk, I would be glad to talk with you. I have been dealing with a lot of pain for a long time and have found ways of coping with it. Hope you know that there are a bunch of good guys here that offer support.

Hang in there buddy.

badger

*Supporting Member*
John,

Anytime you want to talk, I would be glad to talk with you. I have been dealing with a lot of pain for a long time and have found ways of coping with it. Hope you know that there are a bunch of good guys here that offer support.

Hang in there buddy.

Just what Chad said. I'm still dealing with some issues and it does help to talk them out.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Glad to see you back on the boards John. Keep your head man it may not seem easy at times but that is what friends are for. If you need a hand with anything you just say the word.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Glad to see you back John. Sorry to hear about the depression, but glad to hear you are working with someone to figure it out. Hope all gets better buddy!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Sorry to hear this John. Have you ever asked God to help you? There is power in prayer! I have never been in depression and I hope I never will. My Dad always told Ric and I. There's someone worst off than you and be thankful that you have God,family and your health. Hang in there!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sorry to hear this John. Have you ever asked God to help you? There is power in prayer! I have never been in depression and I hope I never will. My Dad always told Ric and I. There's someone worst off than you and be thankful that you have God,family and your health. Hang in there!

Where's the like button on this one...... :smiley_coolpeace:

hammerhead

Hey Jon at least your talking to your doc. thats a good start. The best treatment I can think of is abandom that gay side of the river and start fishing with me and Swantucky more often...:smiley_clap: