Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mice...

hunna771

I haven't posted in a while, but i figured this was worth it and some of you guys would want to stay updated. I swept out my moms garage yesterday, and found a mouse-looking nest, but nothing else and didn't give it a second though. Then i found a hole in my bag of corn...:smiley_chinrub: i investigated a bit and came up with nothing. Well, tonight i was out in the garage on the phone with my buddy thats in the airforce when i saw it. A mouse. The culprit. He got behing my shelf of hunting and flyfishing gear. I quickly grabbed my recurve and a judo point. I couldnt find the rascal. I did find a small hole in the drywall base where he is apparently residing. With my quick instincts,i grabbed my flyfishing bag, pulled out the smallest trout hook i could find and took a very miniscule piece of corn and put it on the tiny hook. I rigged it with 8.8# tippet and tied it off onto a ladder. I put the hook on the small bait pile and put it about 3" from his hole. I am recording this whole event in hopes of catching it with flyfishing tackle. If i dont have him tomorrow morning i'm buying some traps lol. I know he will more than likely eat around the hook, but its still a funny thought... I'll post some pics and maybe a video tomorrow... LMAO :smiley_clap:rotflmao:pickle:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Dude, freeze dry him, put a hook in his butt and catch a bass before freeze-up! That would be an awesome "bass bug".

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great images you guys have given me! Might need to try some of them out next time we have a mouse. Good luck Hunter!

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
DUDE!?! I've killed 'em with glue traps, snaptraps, brooms, claw hammer, stomped 'em, swatted 'em with telephone books...but never, never tried a judo point or a fish hook.

You are my new hero.

hunna771

It seems that he is eating around the hook. I will have mouse traps as my last resort. This stupid lil bugger means business now. I am going to build a home-made contraption, and it'll work. As soon as i figure out what the heck i'm gonna do... My mom can't find out either, she'll kill me! rotflmao

Milo

Tatonka guide.
i always like the dog food in the 5 gallon bucket trick...we always broke the stick off a whistling bottle rocket, lit it and threw it in the buckets with the lid on it...messed them up something fiercerotflmao...im kinder and gentler now:smiley_bril:

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
.im kinder and gentler now

I'm not! :smiley_devil:

We had one that kept getting in the dog food. We got it scooped up and threw it in the woodstove while it was still alive. I've also caught them in those live traps, then sunk mouse, trap and all in a bucket of water.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

We had one that kept getting in the dog food. We got it scooped up and threw it in the woodstove while it was still alive. I've also caught them in those live traps, then sunk mouse, trap and all in a bucket of water.

Remind me too never piss you off Diane!!!!! :smiley_blackeye: rotflmao

badger

*Supporting Member*

How about sharing the story of you jumping in Z's lap because of a cute little chipmunk?

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
How about sharing the story of you jumping in Z's lap because of a cute little chipmunk?

That was funny!

ZJ and I had been gone all day and when we got home, Rick was showing a crossbow to someone.
Rick was getting ready to walk the guy to his car when he whispered to me that there was a chipmunk loose in the house, but not to worry as it was fugged up. At the time, I had no clue what that meant and wasn't thrilled about being left alone in the house with a live chipmunk.

I sat ZJ in the recliner and I sat on the computer chair to keep an eye out for this chipmunk. Rick finally came back in the house and asked if I had seen it. Just about that time, the stinking thing came out from behind the TV, which was about 3 feet from me.

I ran and jumped up on ZJ's lap in the recliner while Rick finished it off. (I guess he had smacked it earlier but wasn't able to kill it, so it was roaming the house in a dazed state.)

When I decided it was safe to get up and quit squishing Z, Z said to me, "This is retarded Mom. You deer hunt, but you're afraid of a little chipmunk?"

I think the boy is getting a bit too big for his britches! lmao